Game Replay: UConn vs. Post University (Exhibition) | The Boneyard

Game Replay: UConn vs. Post University (Exhibition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For anyone who may have missed Sunday's exhibition, we've added it to our site: http://uconnhuskygames.com/2014-2015-womens-basketball-game-replays/

Enjoy :)

Will you be able to post the UC-Davis game from this Friday? If so, that would be worth a separate BY post since there are a number of us fans (especially us Frontier customers not able to access ESPN3) in the midst of despair about not being able to see it. Late on your site is way better than not at all...

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the game! I did want to add something that Geno did just before the playing of the national anthem that is not on the video. If you missed the game you missed a proud moment that few people would take the time to do (but we all know Geno doesn't miss many). Geno took the mic as the teams lined up and spoke to the crowd. First, he ask to have all the veterans to raise their hand so the crowd could acknowledge their service to our country. Then, he did something many of us wish would be said more in public; he asked that everyone sing the national anthem. He said that in his travels around the world he sees people in other countries take pride to sing their anthem. He asked that we all to that. The band played and more people sang than I've heard before and it was a nice and fitting touch for Veterans Day. A big shout out to Geno and all the people who sang along!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Many thanks. I hope you will be able to post a lot more.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Having finally been able to see a little of the preseason - I actually was pretty impressed with Ekmark - she may not be the fleetest of foot, but her positioning on defense was very good and she made some nice plays in the offense when she was in the high post position (second half.) - It appears to me when she is playing with mostly starters her job is to position for kick-out threes. When it is more bench play she is much more active inside the arc. Only one of her three pointers was probably a poor decision because it came a little early in the offense with no one in position to compete for a rebound.

Reaction Score
Will you be able to post the UC-Davis game from this Friday? If so, that would be worth a separate BY post since there are a number of us fans (especially us Frontier customers not able to access ESPN3) in the midst of despair about not being able to see it. Late on your site is way better than not at all...
Yep, plan on getting all the games up on the site within one or two days after they air. Will be posting the links on this forum as they become available, similar to what I did for this game.

Reaction Score
Yep, plan on getting all the games up on the site within one or two days after they air. Will be posting the links on this forum as they become available, similar to what I did for this game.
Is that legal?

Reaction Score
Thank you....

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the game! I did want to add something that Geno did just before the playing of the national anthem that is not on the video. If you missed the game you missed a proud moment that few people would take the time to do (but we all know Geno doesn't miss many). Geno took the mic as the teams lined up and spoke to the crowd. First, he ask to have all the veterans to raise their hand so the crowd could acknowledge their service to our country. Then, he did something many of us wish would be said more in public; he asked that everyone sing the national anthem. He said that in his travels around the world he sees people in other countries take pride to sing their anthem. He asked that we all to that. The band played and more people sang than I've heard before and it was a nice and fitting touch for Veterans Day. A big shout out to Geno and all the people who sang along!
Just when I thought I couldn't possibly like/respect Geno anymore than I already do! He is amazing!!!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Is that legal?
Fuzzy area that the courts are beginning to work through. Obviously you can't take an ESPN broadcast and use major parts for recreation purposes, but with one's own recording this situation is less clear. Generally the question is whether the event holder wants to stridently pursue actions against an outside source, and obviously the NFL, NBA, and other pro sports would sue about an outside transmission of their games. But if the event holder sees an advantage to letting an outside source promote their games and generally does not see a way of getting revenue from it, it's easier to let it be or work out a mutually beneficial agreement with the outside source. The music industry learned the hard way the disadvantages of taking the storm trooper approach, and in today's world it's very hard to enforce anti-videoing rules even if eventually the courts for some reason uphold very strict copyright interpretations. Besides, after the stink about the NASCAR accident video, there is going to some push back against sports organization trying to control all information about their events.

Reaction Score
Fuzzy area that the courts are beginning to work through. Obviously you can't take an ESPN broadcast and use major parts for recreation purposes, but with one's own recording this situation is less clear. Generally the question is whether the event holder wants to stridently pursue actions against an outside source, and obviously the NFL, NBA, and other pro sports would sue about an outside transmission of their games. But if the event holder sees an advantage to letting an outside source promote their games and generally does not see a way of getting revenue from it, it's easier to let it be or work out a mutually beneficial agreement with the outside source. The music industry learned the hard way the disadvantages of taking the storm trooper approach, and in today's world it's very hard to enforce anti-videoing rules even if eventually the courts for some reason uphold very strict copyright interpretations. Besides, after the stink about the NASCAR accident video, there is going to some push back against sports organization trying to control all information about their events.
Almost all sports broadcasts have a copyright on it, don't they? You know the whole "this transmission may be not be rebroadcast, retransmitted, or copied without the express written consent of blah blah." That seems to not make it a gray area, and youtube routinely takes down videos and removes audio tracks of copyrighted audio which seems to enforce the idea that someone owns the content and the rights to control its dissemination. It does seem to depend on who owns the content though. There are certain networks that within hours of posting copyrighted material they somehow learn about it and have it pulled down. I don't know how they find it so fast, but they do.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks. I couldn't get the audio, so I re-watched the game without sound. Three things stood out:

1. UConn passes the ball amazingly well. Everyone on the team is a good passer.

2. Stewie and Morgan are great players. They seem to be in the right place at the right time.

3. We committed too many fouls. So many of the stoppages were for Post to shoot FTs.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Almost all sports broadcasts have a copyright on it, don't they? You know the whole "this transmission may be not be rebroadcast, retransmitted, or copied without the express written consent of blah blah." That seems to not make it a gray area, and youtube routinely takes down videos and removes audio tracks of copyrighted audio which seems to enforce the idea that someone owns the content and the rights to control its dissemination. It does seem to depend on who owns the content though. There are certain networks that within hours of posting copyrighted material they somehow learn about it and have it pulled down. I don't know how they find it so fast, but they do.
Not talking about a pirated or largely appropriated version of a copyrighted broadcast, for which the rules are clear. We're talking about whether you have the right to film an event with your own camera and then post it to an outlet like Youtube. If you do that for a Yankees game, it will be taken down. If it is your daughter's high school basketball game, you're probably okay unless a bloodsucking cable service has paid a pittance for the right to cover the state football championship and the clueless state admins threw in all the rest of the sports which the bloodsuckers have no interest in covering but are glad to quote you an exorbitant sum if you want to film the state bowling championship. Anyway, it's a fuzzy area.

And yes, the networks have a surveillance searches that can quickly find out if you posted on Youtube something like "Yankees and Red Sox game from Thursday." You could of course try to fool them by titling it "My awesome cover of "Come On Eileen,'" but that would defeat the purpose of posting it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom