GAME REPLAY: UCONN AT STANFORD | The Boneyard

GAME REPLAY: UCONN AT STANFORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Game will air on PAC12 channel starting at 7:30 EST. Thursday night, November 20.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
thanks, Hope. Most folks can stand only so much pain, but this is good news for those who wish a second look at the game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Watching the game again, Stanford deserves credit for keeping it close, but I'm not sure they deserve all that much credit for winning. Between some missed bunnies, two missed front ends of 1-and-1's, a couple lucky caroms under UConn's basket for layups, a few awful officiating calls leading to important, late free throws, and a handful of silly/boneheaded plays from Huskies, I think Stanford was extremely lucky to win. UConn lead 90% of the game and had two separate double-digit leads.

Reaction Score
Watching the game again, Stanford deserves credit for keeping it close, but I'm not sure they deserve all that much credit for winning. Between some missed bunnies, two missed front ends of 1-and-1's, a couple lucky caroms under UConn's basket for layups, a few awful officiating calls leading to important, late free throws, and a handful of silly/boneheaded plays from Huskies, I think Stanford was extremely lucky to win. UConn lead 90% of the game and had two separate double-digit leads.

My thoughts exactly. I watched a replay of the game Monday night and this morning. Our Huskies lead 90%-95% of the game. Stanford played well and I tip my hat to them for winning. But we gave them the game. Our shots weren't falling. Stanford played our Stewie pretty physical in the paint. Then you throw in the 3 point shot to tie the game and send it into overtime. Really lucky. But Stanford won. It was a thrilling game, and we are moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom