Game reductions | The Boneyard

Game reductions

Reaction Score
I think it’s 3 game MTE and 25 game schedule, because if it’s 3 and 28 I feel like that’s not significant news.

Yep, that’s what I meant. 28 games total including the 3 game MTE.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting what happens, with 20 BE games and the 2 for MTE that leaves 6 from what previously announced

@Florida
2 more home games unknown part of legends classic
Maine
Morgan State
Coppin State
CCSU
Big East/Big Ten challenge game

Reaction Score
I think it’s 3 game MTE and 25 game schedule, because if it’s 3 and 28 I feel like that’s not significant news.
What is the point of doing this? I thought all these sports organizations want to have more games instead of less games since more games equal more $$$.

Reaction Score
If the vote holds, Division I men’s basketball programs will be allowed to schedule up to 28 regular-season games and participate in one multiple-team event that includes up to three games; 29 regular-season games and a multiple-team event that includes up to two games; or 29 regular-season games when the team does not participate in a multiple-team event.

Additional multiple-team event criteria include:
  • The event must be sponsored by the NCAA, an active member or member conference, or the NABC.
  • Teams may participate, per conference and by school, not more than once in the same event in any four-year period.
  • All participating institutions must use the same maximum contest limit.
    A three-game multiple-team event must conclude within 10 days.
  • A two-game multiple-team event must conclude within five days.
  • All schools must participate in the same number of games in the event.
  • Non-Division I institutions may participate only if the institution is serving as host of the event.
The legislation is intended to improve the multiple-team event environment and eliminate tack-on games that are not considered to be a legitimate part of an event. The new legislation also gives teams increased control and flexibility over scheduling when, where and who to play in an additional one or two regular-season games.

Reaction Score
I read it as being a total of 31 games that you can play. I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
I read it as being a total of 31 games that you can play. I could be wrong.
Yup, they can schedule 28 games AND participate in a 3 game MTE. Or 29 and 2.

Anyone know what the rule was before?

Reaction Score
it's 28 regular + 3 MTE or 29 regular + 2 MTE or 29 + 0 MTE. where did you get 27 and and 25 from?
I deleted my post because after reading multiple articles I'm confused. You could be right but why is that a "significant change" since teams could play 31 games before? Is the "significant change" that you can only play 29 if you're not in a MTE? Seems to punish the low majors and mid majors that can't all get into a MTE. Most high majors play in a MTE every year.

Reaction Score
I deleted my post because after reading multiple articles I'm confused. You could be right but why is that a "significant change" since teams could play 31 games before? Is the "significant change" that you can only play 29 if you're not in a MTE? Seems to punish the low majors and mid majors that can't all get into a MTE. Most high majors play in a MTE every year.
agreed. if a school doesnt play in a MTE it should be able to schedule 31 regular games. just glad we arent in a mid major conference anymore and are getting invited to MTEs

Reaction Score

Bingo!

Reaction Score
The limit used to be 27 games plus an MTE with up to 4 games. Or a limit of 29 games without an MTE. Also, you will notice they limited the number of days to the event. A lot of the events have what they call "campus games" that occur weeks before the event. That was to use up the four game allotment. That trick appears to be gone. With all that said, I think this adds a little flexibility. Instead of a 2 game event and then forced into 2 campus games associated with it to get to 31 games, you schedule 29 games and have a two game event. Probably helps with all of these leagues playing 20 conference games now. Just my take on it.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The limit used to be 27 games plus an MTE with up to 4 games. Or a limit of 29 games without an MTE. Also, you will notice they limited the number of days to the event. A lot of the events have what they call "campus games" that occur weeks before the event. That was to use up the four game allotment. That trick appears to be gone. With all that said, I think this adds a little flexibility. Instead of a 2 game event and then forced into 2 campus games associated with it to get to 31 games, you schedule 29 games and have a two game event. Probably helps with all of these leagues playing 20 conference games now. Just my take on it.

This. Thank you sir.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it that some d2 leagues will be playing conference games only this season and possibly not even starting with games until January 1. Partly for financial reasons (less road games/travel costs), partly to cover against the possibility of some colleges only having online classes during the Fall semester.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom