Game Recommendation.... | The Boneyard

Game Recommendation....

Reaction Score
Hope everyone is safe and sound from the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Henri.

While there is little to do but wait out the storm I was looking for some game recommendations to try to find on Youtube to watch to pass the time. Can anyone recommend a really good UCONN game, mens or womens, that really should be rewatched? I have been rewatching all the championship games, and the UCONN Notre Dame game where UCONN just demolished ND at their place and in Hartford recently.

Any recommendations suggestions would be appreciated... even older games,,,,, Thanks

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A favorite "forgotten" game of mine is the men's 2004 Elite 8 game versus Alabama. The Tide was an 8th seed but they were the wise guy "now" team. I remember the local watering hole where I watched the game. More than one non-fan was touting Bama. UConn absolutely smoked them. That game was sheer pleasure.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Dramatic come from behind victories are a favorite. Not many (any?) on the women’s side, but two come to mind for the men.

In ‘99, the first championship year, Ricky Moore led a heroic comeback against St. John’s in a regular season game, much of it due to his defensive prowess.

In the early nineties we overcame a 20+ point deficit to beat BC and maintain a long winning streak against them. Sorry I don’t remember the specific year.

Reaction Score
Dramatic come from behind victories are a favorite. Not many (any?) on the women’s side, but two come to mind for the men.

In ‘99, the first championship year, Ricky Moore led a heroic comeback against St. John’s in a regular season game, much of it due to his defensive prowess.

In the early nineties we overcame a 20+ point deficit to beat BC and maintain a long winning streak against them. Sorry I don’t remember the specific year.
In terms of "comebacks" this is one of my favorites. In 1999, down by 4 with 9 seconds left at Pitt and looked the game was over and UConn managed to pull it off. Pitt crowd was heckling El-Amin the whole game and he hit the game winner and proceeded to jump on the scorers table and give them the business. Couldn't find video of the whole game but here's the dramatic finish.

Reaction Score
If you want to watch an old fashion smackdown try Syracuse game 1/17/09. Maya sets a record for fastest UCONN player to 1,000 pts/ most 3's in game and is part of a team record for most 3's in a game. Syracuse player talks smack before the game and another tries to trip Geno in the handshake line but UCONN makes its statement on the court doubling up 'Cuse - after a close game in '08.

Reaction Score
If you want to watch an old fashion smackdown try Syracuse game 1/17/09. Maya sets a record for fastest UCONN player to 1,000 pts/ most 3's in game and is part of a team record for most 3's in a game. Syracuse player talks smack before the game and another tries to trip Geno in the handshake line but UCONN makes its statement on the court doubling up 'Cuse - after a close game in '08.
Wasn’t that the game when Caroline Doty got injured and Geno let the team loose to score at will because their coach wasn’t discouraging his team’s rough play?

Reaction Score
Wasn’t that the game when Caroline Doty got injured and Geno let the team loose to score at will because their coach wasn’t discouraging his team’s rough play?
Yes it was

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom