Game Plan for Maiming Maryland | The Boneyard

Game Plan for Maiming Maryland

Reaction Score
Maryland is an undersized team who likes to play a slow game in half court. We need to pound them down low with Sanogo, Whaley, Carlton, etc.

In addition, they suck when the game speeds up and when you speed them up. We play very well when we are able to play fast that is the key to this game. Speed the game up and run at every turn. We are not going to outsmart anyone in half court sets. Our strength is to run and play fast. That is what we need to do.

Aaron Wiggins is a good athletic wing for them, and Morsell is their Damien Jefferson clone who can do a little bit of everything. Expect to see a lot of him on Bouk.

It's time for Bouk to show what he is made of.

Reaction Score
Maryland eschews offensive rebounding almost entirely in favor of getting back on defense. You're not going to be able to run as well as you want just by pushing after misses.

The opportunity is turnovers. They're 8-3 when they turn the ball over less than their opponents and 7-9 when they commit more. We need live ball turnovers (steals) to get out into the break and get easy buckets before they can setup their very good D.

Easier said than done, they don't turn the ball over that much, and other than Whaley and Cole (and sometimes Bouk) we don't force a lot of steals normally.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
What’s this nonsense?
No #DaggerTreyTy?
No #PlayPolley?

Come on man, you’re slacking!

Reaction Score
I went through a few games of Maryland's .Looks like they're 7 /8 deep, Wiggins is a baller and he/ Ayala put up 30 /10 /5 a game. Streaky from deep . Overall I feel they're athletic but not enough to rebound very well. Daryl Morsel is everything you want in a player/ teammate and is absolutely capable of shutting his man down.
I know these kids ( Huskies ) are young but I really feel like they exerted so much energy in that DePaul game they they were a little slower against Creighton. I think it's that simple. Plus James probably being at 80 percent last game. Also , Creighton is good ?
These young men have bonded and I think they're going to come into to this tournament very confident. It starts with Maryland . Our depth ( especially when clicking) might go a long way in this tournament. Let's go Huskies !!

Reaction Score
Checked out their roster and 2 things stood out:
1) they have 0 NJ players on the roster
2) chol marial plays there...remember his name getting thrown around couple years back...not upset we didnt go after him

Feel like this is a game where if sanogo doesn't establish himself early he'll have to ride the bench because his matchups will be terrible. A lot more polley/martin/whaley/jackson filling out the front court could be more likely

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom