Game Of Thrones Creators get their own STAR WARS film series | The Boneyard

Game Of Thrones Creators get their own STAR WARS film series

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

The press release makes it sound like Lucasfilm has no idea the show is based on a series of book:
“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

I am apprehensive about this. GOT was great until they ran out of book material. It's been less than stellar since then.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
We have Solo, #9, Fett, 3 from Rian & another 3 from GOT. I love them but that's overkill.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We have Solo, #9, Fett, 3 from Rian & another 3 from GOT. I love them but that's overkill.

I am pretty sure Fett got cancelled but wouldn't be surprised to see an obi-wan movie. I agree I'm not sure Star Wars needs a new movie every year, and definitely not multiple movies a year

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure Fett got cancelled but wouldn't be surprised to see an obi-wan movie. I agree I'm not sure Star Wars needs a new movie every year, and definitely not multiple movies a year
As long as they are making a billion worldwide on each new movie you can expect to see 1-2 new Star Wars every year, whether we ask for them or not. These huge franchises are going to eventually be the death of original IP's in just about every entertainment industry.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
How are the Star Wars based books? Willing to try a couple where would I start?

Reaction Score

Disney is trying to do what I thought to be impossible, destroy Star Wars. Well, maybe they aren't trying, but train wrecks like The Last Jedi, a potential bomb in Solo, and trilogies being thrown out there left and right doesn't leave me feeling too good about the brand. Hopefully TLJ just ends up being a fluke and not the norm moving forward.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They’re adapters; not creators

Show immediately went downhill when they took over. Too bad, if they could use light speed in GoT then Danny rescuing the Expendables north of the Wall could have possibly made some sense

I think those who say that GOT went downhill when it went past the book material haven't read the books in a while. Martin left them a knot of dangling plot threads and character dead ends (see Sansa in the Vale). Benioff and Weiss cleaned up a mess, they didn't make it worse.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I think those who say that GOT went downhill when it went past the book material haven't read the books in a while. Martin left them a knot of dangling plot threads and character dead ends (see Sansa in the Vale). Benioff and Weiss cleaned up a mess, they didn't make it worse.

I read the books pretty recently. I don't mind most of the changes they made to the book material, in many cases I think what they did was necessary and improved the story for TV.

But this past season was not very good. There were only a hand full of well executed scenes- Arya killing Walder Frey, the loot train battle and the Dragon attacking the wall. The rest was pretty meh or worse. The whole Winterfell story line was a complete travesty. Just terrible writing. The raid north of the wall was not much better.

Seasons 5 and 6 had their issues as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I read the books pretty recently. I don't mind most of the changes they made to the book material, in many cases I think what they did was necessary and improved the story for TV.

But this past season was not very good. There were only a hand full of well executed scenes- Arya killing Walder Frey, the loot train battle and the Dragon attacking the wall. The rest was pretty meh or worse. The whole Winterfell story line was a complete travesty. Just terrible writing. The raid north of the wall was not much better.

Seasons 5 and 6 had their issues as well.

I was not a fan of the Expendables arc either, but the dialogue was strong and I thought the plot twists were interesting but reasonable. I don't like magic being such a big part of the show, but there is nothing that can be done about that.

Brienne walks around in circles for about 200 pages of A Feast For Crows. I liked A Dance With Dragons because there were some pretty cool plot twists and I thought the character development was really strong. One of my favorite chapters of the whole series is when a bunch of Dornishmen try to steal something that you really shouldn't try to steal. That said, the whole storyline is a mess at the end of ADWD, and almost irreparable with any credibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom