Game of Throne premiere date | The Boneyard

Game of Throne premiere date

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Now that it is full blown zombie Apocalypse, this show is no longer nearly as interesting. I will watch the last season and I am sure it will be good, but I have less anticipation for these season than any previous season.

Reaction Score
Now that it is full blown zombie Apocalypse, this show is no longer nearly as interesting. I will watch the last season and I am sure it will be good, but I have less anticipation for these season than any previous season.

Give season 7 a re-watch. I am currently about 2/3's through it and it has me pretty amped for the last season.

Reaction Score
The hype is going to be off the chart with this show and I can't wait. This article, from Entertainment Weekly, talks about how difficult the shooting of the final season was on the actors. The only surprise from the article, was seeing Mellisandre in the group picture. Wasn't sure that we'd see her again before the end.

Game Over

Reaction Score

I'm more concerned about how they can effectively close the story in 6 episodes than I am about the story lines themselves. While the books and seasons based on them focused more on the political thriller aspects of the story, you couldn't exactly ignore the problem of the wights and white walkers in the story. It was bound to become this.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It will be a six episode battle sequence. Probably not dissimilar to the second half of Season 1 when Rob was fighting Tywin.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Some interesting stuff in the trailer.

I've read the books but only watched the first season. It seems like the HBO series is ahead of the books now. Did Martin have hand in the direction it took or did the series just go off on it's own?

Reaction Score
I've read the books but only watched the first season. It seems like the HBO series is ahead of the books now. Did Martin have hand in the direction it took or did the series just go off on it's own?

Depends who you talk to. The consensus seems to be that he gave them general direction only, such as confirming whether certain theories were true or not.

The show runners are very much in charge, and the show is better for it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The consensus seems to be that he gave them general direction only, such as confirming whether certain theories were true or not.
The show runners are very much in charge, and the show is better for it.

In term of wrapping it up, yes. But the last couple of seasons hasn't been as good writing as the previous seasons (which were heavily based on the books), by a long shot. It's very clear that the series 'went hollywood'. Still great tho

Reaction Score
In term of wrapping it up, yes. But the last couple of seasons hasn't been as good writing as the previous seasons (which were heavily based on the books), by a long shot. It's very clear that the series 'went hollywood'. Still great tho

The last two books were awful. The show had to work within the constraints imposed by them, even after passing them, in order to knit everything together. I mean, it's not HBO's fault that GRRM kept the main character waltzing around in Neverland for the entire series never interacting with any of the main freaking plots. It was just HBO that had to figure out a way to weave Dany into the main storyline at the goddam end of the whole thing. That's some tough writing required as a result of constraints Fatso created, and I could go on with other crap HBO had to deal with thanks to Slob.

Reaction Score

No one is twisting your arm. We'll be fine without your commentary.

Reaction Score
Supposedly the plot of the first episode was leaked this weekend. Some interesting rumors circulating.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Supposedly the plot of the first episode was leaked this weekend. Some interesting rumors circulating.

It seemed like not particularly creative fan fiction. That said, the Season 7 leak turned out to be dead on, including weird stuff like Queen of Thorns dying halfway through the season, Grey Worm taking an army all the way to Casterly Rock, and Dorne basically written out of the show early in the season.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I haven't been paying attention on purpose. Let's not throw them up on here. Even with spoiler tags, cause some dumb idiot will reply and forget to add the tag.

It seemed like not particularly creative fan fiction. That said, the Season 7 leak turned out to be dead on, including weird stuff like Queen of Thorns dying halfway through the season, Grey Worm taking an army all the way to Casterly Rock, and Dorne basically written out of the show early in the season.

Not surprised. The writing has taken a turn for the worse since the books finished. Unlike @ above, I don't think the show runners did a good job tying up Martin's self created plot mess. Martin got superjohn for adding new characters once the books became a success (my theory), and wrote himself into a snake pit with almost no way out. While it was probably a difficult task for the show runners to extricate themselves from that mess, I think they did a less than stellar job of doing it.

Show is still very good of course.

Reaction Score
I haven't been paying attention on purpose. Let's not throw them up on here. Even with spoiler tags, cause some dumb idiot will reply and forget to add the tag.

Not surprised. The writing has taken a turn for the worse since the books finished. Unlike @ above, I don't think the show runners did a good job tying up Martin's self created plot mess. Martin got superjohn for adding new characters once the books became a success (my theory), and wrote himself into a snake pit with almost no way out. While it was probably a difficult task for the show runners to extricate themselves from that mess, I think they did a less than stellar job of doing it.

Show is still very good of course.

Where the show suffered is not in the plot but the dialogue. Tyrion in particular became a much less intriguing character once they ran out of source material.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think fans like the show now more than ever. I am not crazy about Zombie Apocalypse plots, but I will watch Season 8. Martin has no way out of the mess he left at the end of Book 5, and I liked A Dance With Dragons. My theory on the books is that Winds of Winter is basically done and it sucks and Martin and the publisher don't know what to do, so they are riding out the TV show before they release it. I think the book has been done for years.

The show is rapidly connecting the characters and getting rid of secondary and tertiary plot lines. The Battle of the Bastards/Battle of Myreen episode killed a whole bunch of tertiary characters plus Rickon and Ramsay Bolton. Blowing up the Sept of Baelor was a very cool and quick way to clean house on about 8 major or semi-major characters that were not all connected: Mace, Margaery, Loras Tyrell, The High Sparrow, Tommen, Lancel and Kevan Lannister, and Pycelle. Last season we get the demise of Freys, Tarlys, everyone in Dorne, Queen of Thorns, Littlefinger, Thoros, Benjen and one of the dragons.

Remember the end of the Sopranos? The last season was a bloodbath, and I expect the same this season. There are about 30 characters left that have any independent agency in the plot, and I expect we will lose half of them this season.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Where the show suffered is not in the plot but the dialogue. Tyrion in particular became a much less intriguing character once they ran out of source material.

There are a ton of plot holes that could have been cleaned up really easily. And if we're being honest, that entire scene of them capturing the white, ending up on the island, the guy travelling 500 miles back to the wall in a days time....all so they could have a dragon killed.

That definitely could have been done entirely different. And better. jmo tho

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There are a ton of plot holes that could have been cleaned up really easily. And if we're being honest, that entire scene of them capturing the white, ending up on the island, the guy travelling 500 miles back to the wall in a days time....all so they could have a dragon killed.

That definitely could have been done entirely different. And better. jmo tho
That sequence is a mess. The oddest part was how the Night King and his minions come across four 400 foot long chains 6 foot in diameter. It’s not like there’s a Home Depot on Skagos .

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That sequence is a mess. The oddest part was how the Night King and his minions come across four 400 foot long chains 6 foot in diameter. It’s not like there’s a Home Depot on Skaggs.

And I love how the whites couldn't muster up the gumption to cross the over the ice lake, yet had no problem swimming on down to the bottom to hook the dragon?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And I love how the whites couldn't muster up the gumption to cross the over the ice lake, yet had no problem swimming on down to the bottom to hook the dragon?

I'd just like to amend my previous post by changing it to "wights", as opposed "whites".

All the black, brown, and yellow undead folks were equally as afflicted by the same trepidation at the edge of the lake there. Not playing favorites here.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'd just like to amend my previous post by changing it to "wights", as opposed "whites".

All the black, brown, and yellow undead folks were equally as afflicted by the same trepidation at the edge of the lake there. Not playing favorites here.
Why did the first undead to find a human get the choicest cut of flesh?
Because he claimed wight privilege.

Reaction Score

These are all issues forced by GRRM. It's what happens when you take six seasons to get Daenerys over to the mainland and then have 12 episodes to conclude (1) the real game of thrones, (2) begin the war with the dead and (3) finish the war with the dead.

You are asking too much of the show writers to fit all that in without taking liberties on things like timing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom