Game of Throne premiere date | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game of Throne premiere date

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
These are all issues forced by GRRM. It's what happens when you take six seasons to get Daenerys over to the mainland and then have 12 episodes to conclude (1) the real game of thrones, (2) begin the war with the dead and (3) finish the war with the dead.
You are asking too much of the show writers to fit all that in without taking liberties on things like timing.

Come on man. These are some of the most creative people in Hollywood. They HAVE to be able to write better than that. I mean, it wasn't just passable, it was flat out bad at points.

A lot of those 6 seasons was about the 'game' itself, as opposed to advancing the plot of the destroyer of worlds. And in fact, those machinations of the game are what drew everyone in. It was brilliant.

They navigated George's mess pretty well, as you say, by axing off enough of the characters to make it wieldy again. And then that's what they capped it off with? It's like a soccer player dribbling through half the team and firing a shot right at the goalie.

And if you're saying it's because they only had 12 episodes work with, then that's on HBO, not GRR. (mind you I do think HBO made them rush this because $)

Reaction Score
Yeah, money is definitely a factor. According to one of the extras I was watching this morning, they started out with about 100 special effects shots in the entire first season, to the point now where they're doing multiples of that in every episode.

Definitely one of the bits that jumped out on the re-watch was the foolishness with the giant chains. Like, what the... You could have made them out of ice, at least that would seem somewhat plausible for the night king.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom