Game Night - UConn women’s basketball vs. Seton Hall 6:30 pm EST | The Boneyard

Game Night - UConn women’s basketball vs. Seton Hall 6:30 pm EST

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The UConn women's basketball team (14-1, 11-0 BIG EAST) hosts Seton Hall (9-3, 7-2) tonight in Gampel Pavilion at 6:30 p.m. The Huskies beat No. 1 South Carolina, 63-59, in overtime on Monday. Freshmen Paige Bueckers scored 31 points to lead the Huskies, including UConn's last 13 points of the game. Bueckers added five assists and a season-high six steals. UConn held South Carolina to zero fastbreak points and scored 19 points off turnovers.

UConn is 52-10 all-time vs. Seton Hall. This is the second meeting this season between the teams. On Dec. 15, UConn beat Seton Hall, 92-65. Four Huskies scored in double digits, including Paige Bueckers (25) and Christyn Williams (21).

Four Pirates are averaging double-digit points, led by mid-year transfer Andra Espinoza-Hunter (21.1) and Lauren Park-Lane (17.4). Seton Hall has won six straight games and is coming off a 60- 52 victory at Georgetown on Feb. 8. Andra Espinoza-Hunter was named BIG EAST Player of the Week in back-to-back weeks. Seton Hall is off to a 7-2 start in BIG EAST play for the first time since the 2014-15 season.

1612962418462.png

Seton Hall Roster - Anthony Bozzella (8th year)
Seton Hall game notes
Seton Hall team/individual stats

UConn Roster - Geno Auriemma (36th year)
UConn game notes
UConn team stats

Here’s what you need to know about the matchup:
Site:
Gampel Pavilion
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Series: UConn leads, 52-10
Last meeting: No. 3 UConn 92, Seton Hall 65, in South Orange, N.J., Dec. 15, 2020.
TV: SNY (Meghan Culmo and Allen Bestwick)
Livestream: You can watch the game on the Fox Sports App or https://www.foxsports.com/. Some fans say they are only able to access games via fox.com/sports or the Fox Sports Now app, though, so try that if needed. The games might not appear on those sites until right around tipoff.
Radio: UConn IMG Sports Network on 97.9 ESPN (Bob Joyce and Debbie Fiske)

Husky Bites -
Three Huskies named to Naismith trophy midseason team Tuesday
Little time to recover for Bueckers,Uconn - Carl Adamec
Don't over look Muhl, Edwards and Griffin in SC win - Alexa Phillipou
2020-2021 UConn media guide

BIG East announces schedule updates - 2/9
BIG East WBB standings - 2/10

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While the outcome of the game should not be in doubt, the interesting storyline involves the return of AEH to Storrs, how she does and who gets the defensive assignment for UConn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I am curious when the picture in the OP was taken. I so much wanted it to be very recently as it includes Anna not in a boot and dressed to play.

Reaction Score
AEH might be in for a healthy dose of AG. I’m sure that Griffin, or whoever guards AEH will try to run her off the 3-pt line forcing her to put the ball on the floor where she is less effective.

I wonder if AG ever guarded AEH during "practices" back in High School while they both played at Ossining HS? How well does AG know AEH's tendencies and visa versa?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wonder if AG ever guarded AEH during "practices" back in High School while they both played at Ossining HS? How well does AG know AEH's tendencies and visa versa?
Aubrey was 2 yrs behind AEH. Certainly they practiced with and against each other. How much of that was one on one we don’t know.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am curious when the picture in the OP was taken. I so much wanted it to be very recently as it includes Anna not in a boot and dressed to play.
The article that accompanied this picture was dated January 28, 2021. It had to be taken earlier than that.
UConn played at home against Butler on Jan 19, and Georgetown on Jan 23. They played at Arkansas on the 28th. They were wearing "white" uniforms, so we can assume this picture was taken at Gampel BEFORE the 28th.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While the outcome of the game should not be in doubt, the interesting storyline involves the return of AEH to Storrs, how she does and who gets the defensive assignment for UConn.
Deny her the pass. Can't shoot the ball if you don't have the ball.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Deny her the pass. Can't shoot the ball if you don't have the ball.
The only problem with trying to deny one player the ball is that you essentially eliminate your defensive player from giving any help on defense. UConn has, in the past, used Kia Nurse to blanket both Asia Durr and Kitija Laksa, two great players. I just don’t think AEH is talented enough to lock down one defender on her full time.

Reaction Score
SNY/Spectrum has blocked the game in Western, Massachusetts for the first time this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom