Game Night - UConn vs Tennessee 7:00 pm est | The Boneyard

Game Night - UConn vs Tennessee 7:00 pm est

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By ALEXA PHILIPPOU
HARTFORD COURANT JAN 23, 2020

UConn women’s basketball vs. Tennessee: time, how to watch, broadcasters, preview
For basketball fans, tonight’s matchup between UConn and Tennessee marks the resumption of an old and bitter rivalry that catapulted the women’s game to national prominence. But to the players involved, Tonight’s matchup signifies two ranked teams going at it in a challenging nonconference game. For the Huskies, a win would add to what they hope will be an impressive nonconference resume come tournament time. For Tennessee, a win would indicate that the Lady Vols may be for real just a few months into new head coach Kellie Harper’s tenure in Knoxville. Tennessee currently occupies the No. 23 spot with a 15-3 record. Their three losses were at the hands of an up-and-down Texas team by six; Stanford, by a 27-point margin; and then-No. 13 Kentucky by four points.

Here’s everything you need to know about Tonight’s matchup:
Site:
XL Center
Time: 7 p.m.
Series: UConn leads, 13-9
Last meeting: No. 4 Tennessee 70, No. 5 UConn 64, in Hartford Jan. 6, 2007
TV: ESPN (Rebecca Lobo, Adam Amin, Holly Rowe)
Radio: UConn IMG Sports Network on 97.9 ESPN

2019-2020 Tennessee Roster / 2019-2020 Schedule

Box score of Tennessee's last game vs Alabama

[Related] Mike Anthony: Kellie Harper takes lessons from Pat Summitt but own approach into UConn-Tennessee and her Rocky Top.

Women's College Basketball Rankings - Week 12

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I wonder if Stricklen will be there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guessing Sue Bird will be handling the half time desk duties again (although she did not bring the luck we needed against Baylor) and scouting us carefully for her national team. She will not want us to come within 40 pts of the national team.

Hope we get some nice sideline interviews with UConn (and I suppose if you have to TN) alumnae players. I guess at least Lou and Stewie

Reaction Score
Disappointed that Carnac did not include an entry Score:
Not the box score. That is asking too much.
It is certainly not be beyond Carnac's ability to give us the score before the match.

Reaction Score
It is certainly not be beyond Carnac's ability to give us the score before the match.
Yes it is;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thankfully, I will be at the game and won't have to listen to Adam "I have to be somebody's nephew to get the this job" Amin...Not sure who's worse, him or Deb Antonelli? I guess Antonelli as she's supposed to know something about the women's game...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I didn’t want to step on the OP’s shine. That post is 100% cut & paste. I posted my “guess” in the prognosticators thread hosted by MSGRET

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom