Game Night - UConn vs DePaul Gampel Pavilion 6:30 pm EST | The Boneyard

Game Night - UConn vs DePaul Gampel Pavilion 6:30 pm EST

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My 10,000th post -

Tonight's contest (6:30pm on SNY) will be the first ranked opponent No. 4 UConn (5-0, 4-0 Big East) has faced this young season. No. 18 DePaul enters with a 5-2 record (2-0 in conference), its best win over then-No. 9 Kentucky and its losses to Texas A&M (93-91) and Louisville (116-75).

Here’s what to expect from the matchup:
Site: Gampel Pavilion
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Series: UConn leads, 17-1
Last meeting: No. 2 UConn 84, No. 16 DePaul 74 in Chicago, Dec. 16, 2019

1609247500730.png

TV: SNY (Meghan Culmo and Allen Bestwick)
Livestream: Fans outside of SNY’s market can watch the game on the Fox Sports App or https://www.foxsports.com/. Some fans say they are only able to access games via fox.com/sports or the Fox Sports Now app, though, so try that if needed.
Radio: UConn IMG Sports Network on 97.9 ESPN (Pre-game at 6:00 pm with Bob Joyce and Debbie Fisk)
DePaul head coach - Doug Bruno (35th season)
DePaul Roster
Game notes

Blue Demons confront fourth Top 10 team in their first eight games (from DePaul's website)

Blue Demon's Sonya Morris honored as BIG EAST player of the week.

[Related] UConn women drop to No. 4 in latest AP poll despite remaining unbeaten; Stanford still tops rankings »

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well this is a game when the cream rises to the top. My expectations are Evina CW and Paige to step up big. Paige taking more shots which we will need for her to do in big games. I expect Paige to take control of the offense as well as Evina at the point. We need production from Anna Nika and Griff. They need to score and show they can score. We can not depend on 4 players to continue to carry the load. We have come along way in 5 games. We've seen continued improvement and thats a good thing. I expect UConn to win big tonite by 25+ pts. The layoff may play into a slow start but when we get it going we will get it going

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well this is a game when the cream rises to the top. My expectations are Evina CW and Paige to step up big. Paige taking more shots which we will need for her to do in big games. I expect Paige to take control of the offense as well as Evina at the point. We need production from Anna Nika and Griff. They need to score and show they can score. We can not depend on 4 players to continue to carry the load. We have come along way in 5 games. We've seen continued improvement and thats a good thing. I expect UConn to win big tonite by 25+ pts. The layoff may play into a slow start but when we get it going we will get it going

According to Geno, the Juniors are practicing well. Also expect Nika and Aaliyah to get significant minutes for their Defense.

Carnac

Reaction Score
This is the final game before Baylor in 9 days. Whatever adjustments or "tweaks" that need to be made, should be made tonight. They need to be running like a well oiled machine when they arrive in Waco.
Will Baylor be ready? They've played a pretty unimpressive schedule so far, losing to the only ranked team they've played. Baylor will also have the benefit of having played 3 more games at tip off than UConn.

1609253072588.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My 10,000th post -

Tonight's contest (6:30pm on SNY) will be the first ranked opponent No. 4 UConn (5-0, 4-0 Big East) has faced this young season. No. 18 DePaul enters with a 5-2 record (2-0 in conference), its best win over then-No. 9 Kentucky and its losses to Texas A&M (93-91) and Louisville (116-75).

Here’s what to expect from the matchup:
Site: Gampel Pavilion
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Series: UConn leads, 17-1
Last meeting: No. 2 UConn 84, No. 16 DePaul 74 in Chicago, Dec. 16, 2019

View attachment 62937

TV: SNY (Meghan Culmo and Allen Bestwick)
Livestream: Fans outside of SNY’s market can watch the game on the Fox Sports App or https://www.foxsports.com/. Some fans say they are only able to access games via fox.com/sports or the Fox Sports Now app, though, so try that if needed.
Radio: UConn IMG Sports Network on 97.9 ESPN (Pre-game at 6:00 pm with Bob Joyce and Debbie Fisk)
Head coach - Doug Bruno (35th season)
DePaul Roster

Blue Demons confront fourth Top 10 team in their first eight games (from DePaul's website)

Blue Demon's Sonya Morris honored as BIG EAST player of the week.

[Related] UConn women drop to No. 4 in latest AP poll despite remaining unbeaten; Stanford still tops rankings »
Alternative links:
UConn women drop to No. 4 in latest AP poll despite remaining unbeaten; Stanford still tops rankings

UConn women’s basketball vs. No. 18 DePaul: time, how to watch, broadcasters, preview

UConn’s effective field goal percentage (61.3 percent) is the best in the country per Her Hoop Stats.

DePaul has the most high-powered offense UConn has faced yet, boasting the 11th-best points per game average in the nation (88.3) behind a trio of 15-plus-point scorers. The Blue Demons embrace a fast-paced game and like to get out in transition, shoot a lot of 3s and take good care of the ball.

Should be a fun one.

Reaction Score
I have been able to watch all the previous games from a link in the Fox Now app. has anyone seen a link to the UConn DePaul game yet? I realize it is not live but can not find it in coming attractionsg

Carnac

Reaction Score
I have been able to watch all the previous games from a link in the Fox Now app. has anyone seen a link to the UConn DePaul game yet? I realize it is not live but can not find it in coming attractionsg

Other posters have suggested you wait until an hour before game time, then check again. For some "strange" reason, they won't post the broadcast schedule of today's games a day or two ahead.

If all else fails, a replay of tonight's game will be posted here in the yard about 2 hours after the final horn. You'll get to see the game one way or another. :D

Reaction Score
Wow! That was unbelievable! Thank you so much for all the work you put into this. Very impressive and so helpful for the rest of us.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow! That was unbelievable! Thank you so much for all the work you put into this. Very impressive and so helpful for the rest of us.
as if that head on Carnac wasn't big enough already.....
mark wahlberg no GIF by Daddy's Home

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I went to FoxSports.com and cannot find a link to this game. Any other way to watch it without downloading the app? Old eyes...tiny screen...not a good match.

Reaction Score
I m surprised you left our best player - ONO - out of the mix..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom