Game night exhibition against Division II Trevecca Nazarene (Nashville) | The Boneyard

Game night exhibition against Division II Trevecca Nazarene (Nashville)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Game time: 7:00 pm - XL Center

TV: None - The game will be streamed for free on uconnhuskies.com. [LINK]
Radio: 97-9 ESPN - Hartford (Bob Joyce & Debbie Fisk)

No. 5 UConn will play Trevecca Nazarene Wednesday night in their final tune-up exhibition game before beginning the regular season on Sunday against Cal-Berkeley. Trevecca Nazarene, a small religious university in Nashville Tennessee, is a Division II NCAA school in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. Trevecca finished 12-17 (11/11) last year. Trevecca opened their season this past Saturday with a 79-33 home win over NAIA Blue Mountain (Mississippi).

1573058070731.png

Much like the 103-40 rout of Jefferson University last Sunday, nobody is anticipating that this game will be very competitive. It will be a great experience for Trevecca Nazarene’s players to play in front of large crowd against some of the best competition in the world. Trevecca is not a tall team. They only have a freshman and a sophomore that stand 6'0"+.

As for UConn, this is more of an opportunity for Geno Auriemma to play around with different lineups and to get his players acclimated to playing unfamiliar competition in front of a crowd. The Huskies were picked No. 5 in the preseason AP Poll and No. 4 in the preseason USA Today/Coaches Poll.

Trevecca Nazzarene Roster

Last edited:
Reaction Score

No. 5 UConn will play Trevecca Nazarene Wednesday night in their final tune-up exhibition game before beginning the regular season on Sunday. Trevecca Nazarene, a small religious university in Nashville Tennessee, is a Division II NCAA school in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. Trevecca finished 12-17 (11/11) last year. Trevecca opened their season this past Saturday with a 79-33 home win over NAIA Blue Mountain (Mississippi).

View attachment 47799

Much like the 103-40 rout of Jefferson University last Sunday, nobody is anticipating that this game will be very competitive. It will be a great experience for Trevecca Nazarene’s players to play in front of large crowd against some of the best competition in the world. Trevecca is not a tall team. They only have a freshman and a sophomore that stand 6'0"+.

As for UConn, this is more of an opportunity for Geno Auriemma to play around with different lineups and to get his players acclimated to playing unfamiliar competition in front of a crowd. The Huskies were picked No. 5 in the preseason AP Poll and No. 4 in the preseason USA Today/Coaches Poll.

Thank you Carnac, as always nice work.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

No. 5 UConn will play Trevecca Nazarene Wednesday night in their final tune-up exhibition game before beginning the regular season on Sunday. Trevecca Nazarene, a small religious university in Nashville Tennessee, is a Division II NCAA school in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. Trevecca finished 12-17 (11/11) last year. Trevecca opened their season this past Saturday with a 79-33 home win over NAIA Blue Mountain (Mississippi).

View attachment 47799

Carnac you do know what this means after tonight's game. The official start of the 2019-20 will be on 11/10 the next time the young ladies of UConn step onto the court at Gampel Pavilion. It also means the start of the Regular Season Prognosticators Contest. Will toadfoot defend his regular season title or will it be someone else. I guess we will have to wait until March to find out. I can't wait to start.:D:D

Reaction Score
UConn getting a late start to the season. By the time Sunday rolls around for their first game, some teams in top 25 would already have couple games under their belts.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn getting a late start to the season. By the time Sunday rolls around for their first game, some teams in top 25 would already have couple games under their belts.
It happens almost every year. Geno does it so that he can schedule games against teams like in January and February Baylor, Oregon, and South Carolina, while most other teams are only playing conference games. I believe he said a few years back he does to see how far the team has grown since the beginning of the season and to see what he has to do to get ready for the tournament.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac you do know what this means after tonight's game. The official start of the 2019-20 will be on 11/10 the next time the young ladies of UConn step onto the court at Gampel Pavilion. It also means the start of the Regular Season Prognosticators Contest. Will toadfoot defend his regular season title or will it be someone else. I guess we will have to wait until March to find out. I can't wait to start.:D:D

Believe me, I’m ready for the season to start, as is the rest of The Nation. :D

Reaction Score
Thanks to this great service I was able to watch the 1st exhibition game and will watch tonight as well.

Just want to convey my thanks for a courtesy that is much appreciated by me.

Reaction Score
No. On for free now
Not for me. Keeps prompting for a signup or log in. It's OK it's just an exhibition, but it's why I dislike the whole streaming thing because of the unpredictability and magic you sometimes have to perform to get things to work.

Reaction Score
The original link was bad. Note the difference in event IDs in the link originally posted and what I posted.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's because I spent my youth mostly listening to sports on radio but I prefer the play call they do to the chit chat on TV today. They never forget there is a game, they always say who the foul is on or what the violation was and we know who is in and out. In addition I don't have to keep looking at the opponent's roster to know who is who.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks but this format is not in boxscore mode so only the final 5 players are shown. Can you repost or provide the link?
I looked at that and thought “Wow that’s a little low scoring for us against a team of this caliber.” Then I realized it was halftime.

Reaction Score
+ Walker and Griffin are quick quick quick down the lane, and THEY MAKE LAYUPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom