Game Day! | The Boneyard

Game Day!

Reaction Score
Aaliyah's Homecoming Game in Toronto before a sold out crowd. We had Paige in Minnesota and Nika against Ball State for a Muhl family reunion. One of those very special things that makes Geno and UCONN who they are. It's become an event in Canada as Nan has pointed out.

It's not uncommon for the emotions to become overpowering and to inhibit the performance of the player on the receiving end of the adulation so I truly hope Aaliyah has a very good game and just allows the game come to her. She has been a rock and a stalwart for the Huskies and a role model for young girls in Canada who play hoops and dream of playing in college in the U.S. and for their National team. Kia Nurse will be at the game as well so what could be better?

As for our team, we just need to keep going forward, with great defense and passing, looking for Q and Ice to build off of last game so we can develop a solid, proficient 8 man rotation as we face two tough opponents in BE play after the break in Marquette and Creighton. We also need KK to shoot the mid range jumper on the drive moves with regularity instead of always trying to finish underneath. Of course, there are always other improvements and every true fan is a coach but tonight is very much about Aaliyah.

I don't know about you, but I am both amazed and delighted with how quickly the "new" team has jelled starting two freshmen and with Aubrey, instant chaos for the opposition, coming off the bench as 6th man. After the Texas loss, Geno and staff reteed and what has emerged is a "very fun" team to watch with a superstar who is unselfish to a fault and a nonpareil defensive player, a budding star in Ash, an accurate 42% 3 point shooter in Nika ( I can't believe I just typed that but it is true), a frosh point guard with jets in KK, and the young woman playing in front of family and friends tonight. Who'd a thunk it?

Reaction Score
Aaliyah's Homecoming Game in Toronto before a sold out crowd. We had Paige in Minnesota and Nika against Ball State for a Muhl family reunion. One of those very special things that makes Geno and UCONN who they are. It's become an event in Canada as Nan has pointed out.

It's not uncommon for the emotions to become overpowering and to inhibit the performance of the player on the receiving end of the adulation so I truly hope Aaliyah has a very good game and just allows the game come to her. She has been a rock and a stalwart for the Huskies and a role model for young girls in Canada who play hoops and dream of playing in college in the U.S. and for their National team. Kia Nurse will be at the game as well so what could be better?

As for our team, we just need to keep going forward, with great defense and passing, looking for Q and Ice to build off of last game so we can develop a solid, proficient 8 man rotation as we face two tough opponents in BE play after the break in Marquette and Creighton. We also need KK to shoot the mid range jumper on the drive moves with regularity instead of always trying to finish underneath. Of course, there are always other improvements and every true fan is a coach but tonight is very much about Aaliyah.

I don't know about you, but I am both amazed and delighted with how quickly the "new" team has jelled starting two freshmen and with Aubrey, instant chaos for the opposition, coming off the bench as 6th man. After the Texas loss, Geno and staff reteed and what has emerged is a "very fun" team to watch with a superstar who is unselfish to a fault and a nonpareil defensive player, a budding star in Ash, an accurate 42% 3 point shooter in Nika ( I can't believe I just typed that but it is true), a frosh point guard with jets in KK, and the young woman playing in front of family and friends tonight. Who'd a thunk it?
Interesting -- the UConn page says it's gonna be on FS2! Dunno why -- if I were in charge of the Fox programming, I'd be looking for something in the US, but I'm delighted that they chose to make this one available for us. I'll consider it as a Xmas present, of sorts.

Reaction Score
Interesting -- the UConn page says it's gonna be on FS2! Dunno why -- if I were in charge of the Fox programming, I'd be looking for something in the US, but I'm delighted that they chose to make this one available for us. I'll consider it as a Xmas present, of sorts.
Probably because the opponent was originally going to be Pitt, so a game against a P5 opponent is one they would want, but then Pitt backed out and Fox was left holding the bag to a game that normally we'd be lucky if even SNY picked up.

Reaction Score
Is someone putting it on UTube ??
I sure hope so, so everyone can see it. It will be a very touching time for Aaliyah and she is such a great kid!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom