Game Day! | The Boneyard

Game Day!

Reaction Score
It will be a sweet moment for Nika, Hana and the entire Muhl family. Arranging for this game is one of those things that makes Geno Geno.

It will be interesting however to see what combinations he plays and what the mood of the team will be. It's very important that we play well on both ends of the court, especially the defensive end. With our injury depleted offensive game, Paige not shooting nearly enough, Aubrey being inconsistent, and other issues, it looks like our defense will have to carry us from here on in. We need to get turnovers and deflections early and to set the tone, not allow the other team, ala UCLA or Texas, to set it for us. While no one expects Ball State to set the tone against us, we can't simply play to their level either.

We have to make this game over for all intents and purposes by midway though the second quarter, which is actually later than we used to. We can't allow the game to come to us anymore and simply react. We have to take control immediately. I think we can and we will.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
As @BBallF said, the team cannot afford to let the game come to them. The slow starts against UCLA and Texas was really deflating, and once behind by double digits in the first quarter, that puts too much pressure and increased energy just to get back in the game. We always started out fast, but maybe we are starting too fast, rushing shots just to make the first score. We lost our poise, and this is where Paige has to control the tempo at the start. Let's establish our game first, then let Nika push the ball with all the others rushing down court to receive the pass under the hoop. I hope Geno can find new plays for the freshmen, because it is obvious that our opponents know our offensive sets very well. I am hoping we can get our mojo back with North Carolina on the horizon. They are currently ranked #24 and may be on their way out of the rankings. If we cannot beat this team, and beat them by at least 15 points, then we are not ready for the national stage. I hope that is not the case. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
" Defense is the key to winning in any sport and that's what I believe in". The same coach who said that in 1971 also was a coach at a basketball camp I attended in the late 1960s. He said at the camp that defense is a matter of desire and focus and that you don't need a special skill to play it. Our defense against UCLA and Texas was abysmal to begin the games. All types of switching issues, losing your man, not boxing out, etc. Too large a deficit for an offensively challenged team to overcome. We can be competitive with almost anyone if our defense is rock solid. If not, we will lose games in the Big East too.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I wonder how much time Hana will be able to spend with her parents. I'm sure the team will be back to Indiana tomorrow morning. At least Nika will have time as they are staying for the North Carolina game, and since it is a weekend, hopefully Nika doesn't have any Saturday classes. Her Parents should be impressed with the campus, especially the facilities. Maybe the Fudds will take care of them when Nika is busy with important stuff, like playing basketball. BTW, I'm glad this is an SNY game, as the reunion should be covered as it should. I hope they can show some personal stuff, I need to see something positive regarding this team. We need it, they need it.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the game should be shown on the Fox sports app for those of us outside SNY area? Thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom