Game Day! | The Boneyard

Game Day!

Reaction Score
Don't kid yourself, today's game is huge. It's our last game before conference play starts against a top 15 opponent and will pay dividends in March when the Selection Committee selects.

It also will go a long way towards solidifying what is at times is a perceptible bourgeoning confidence in our 4 freshmen. To that end, we need a smart, in control game from them with an emphasis on classic UCONN defense, which is really old school text book defense plus Geno's switching system. In general, we need to box out, deflect passes and dribbles, not force shots or moves, pass inside out, not allow open 3s like we endured against UCLA , and finally get the ball to Paige all game long. When we can, let's run baby run.

We have who we have today and everyone needs to continue to be invested in, and to take ownership of this team, none more than Paige. We can do this and if we do, the wind in our sails will take us a long way. We are only going to get better as the year progresses. That you can take to the bank.

Reaction Score
Game Day indeed. I can't wait. All the players can control is their effort out there today. Play with confidence. Let's go, UConn!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno had 8 days. I am expecting adjustments given the personnel remaining. The new normal. If the defense is ala UCLA , we can't beat a top or near top tier team. If it isn't anything but in your face and Paige goes off even moderately, Aubrey has a good game, and Liyah plays like she knows that she hurts the team when she forces, then I think we win today.

Reaction Score
Crossing my fingers we look strong and fight hard.

Kat

Reaction Score
I'm feeling good about this game. After the scrimmage-type setting in the Caymans with that tiny gym and hardly anyone in it, this will be a return to big-time BB with a big crowd and national tv exposure. This is a team that has always answered the bell for games like this. .

Reaction Score
Don't kid yourself, today's game is huge. It's our last game before conference play starts against a top 15 opponent and will pay dividends in March when the Selection Committee selects.

It also will go a long way towards solidifying what is at times is a perceptible bourgeoning confidence in our 4 freshmen. To that end, we need a smart, in control game from them with an emphasis on classic UCONN defense, which is really old school text book defense plus Geno's switching system. In general, we need to box out, deflect passes and dribbles, not force shots or moves, pass inside out, not allow open 3s like we endured against UCLA , and finally get the ball to Paige all game long. When we can, let's run baby run.

We have who we have today and everyone needs to continue to be invested in, and to take ownership of this team, none more than Paige. We can do this and if we do, the wind in our sails will take us a long way. We are only going to get better as the year progresses. That you can take to the bank.
All true. But I feel it is far too early in the season to have that level of expectation for the four freshmen. I think we shall be humbled today. It will be a fine learning ex[erience but, let's not forget; every other team is going to improve as well. We'll have fun watching unfold. But we have been hit with a sledge hammer and that wont change.

Reaction Score
Line now down to Uconn +6.5. The +11.5 earlier must have been a mistake.

Reaction Score
All true. But I feel it is far too early in the season to have that level of expectation for the four freshmen. I think we shall be humbled today. It will be a fine learning ex[erience but, let's not forget; every other team is going to improve as well. We'll have fun watching unfold. But we have been hit with a sledge hammer and that wont change.
Let’s see if they play like freshmen today. Not Geno’s first sledge hammer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom