Game Day | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Day

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
And here I thought Larry's phone wasn't charged . He must have found a way to charge...... the updates keep coming.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think diarra will be starting the first regular season game or are they just working castle in slowly?
It matters whether Castle can earn a starting spot in practice versus when a real game starts exactly why?

Reaction Score
Diarra starting is interesting but not surprising. Castle has to earn it, and I think this is a nice nod of respect to Diarra after he kinda dealt with moving further and further down the rotation. That being said, I'm sure Castle will be the starter by the time we play UNC @ MSG.

Reaction Score
Diarra starting is interesting but not surprising. Castle has to earn it, and I think this is a nice nod of respect to Diarra after he kinda dealt with moving further and further down the rotation. That being said, I'm sure Castle will be the starter by the time we play UNC @ MSG.
When I suggested, last month, on the starting line up thread, that it was a possibility that Diara would start.

Well...... it was not received well. But it just seemed like a Hurley move to me. Start an older experienced player, good defensive presence, takes a little pressure off Castle.

Reaction Score
When I suggested, last month, on the starting line up thread, that it was a possibility that Diara would start.

Well...... it was not received well. But it just seemed like a Hurley move to me. Start an older experienced player, good defensive presence, takes a little pressure off Castle.
I wouldn’t pat yourself on the back too hard until the season starts. Still seems incredibly unlikely that Diarra starts over Castle during the regular season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"I just want to make the trip enjoyable for everybody," Hurley summed up. "I'm an intense personality, so I've got to find a way, when I get on that long flight, to dial it back so it's an enjoyable experience for everybody."

That didn't last long. Lol
He never promised to make it enjoyable for the refs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Plus it's the Tyler Oleander starting school of thought. It keeps Castle from picking up kids quick fouls early in the game.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think diarra will be starting the first regular season game or are they just working castle in slowly?

I think there's a chance Diarra starts but I don't see any chance Castle isn't playing starter minutes day 1.

Diarra brings a lot of pressure and intensity because he plays at a crazy pace. I could see Hurley using that to try to get the team to start aggressive and then pretty quickly bringing in Castle. Unfortunately, I still think Diarra has a few too many question marks offensively (namely shooting and turnovers) to play huge minutes especially in conference play, but he has looked really good to me on this European tour.

I still think Castle starts, for the record.

gab

Reaction Score
I think there's a chance Diarra starts but I don't see any chance Castle isn't playing starter minutes day 1.

Diarra brings a lot of pressure and intensity because he plays at a crazy pace. I could see Hurley using that to try to get the team to start aggressive and then pretty quickly bringing in Castle. Unfortunately, I still think Diarra has a few too many question marks offensively (namely shooting and turnovers) to play huge minutes especially in conference play, but he has looked really good to me on this European tour.

I still think Castle starts, for the record.
Agree with your take. Diarra is a senior and his first 3 years have looked pretty much the same (albeit last year was his worst): below average shooter from 2, 3, and FT line with unacceptably high TO% for any position but especially for a PG. His combined college stats: 40% from 2, 29% from 3, 65% FT and 22% TO. That is almost unplayable. He’s OK the way he was used last year… defensive intensity to change the pace.

Reaction Score
Agree with your take. Diarra is a senior and his first 3 years have looked pretty much the same (albeit last year was his worst): below average shooter from 2, 3, and FT line with unacceptably high TO% for any position but especially for a PG. His combined college stats: 40% from 2, 29% from 3, 65% FT and 22% TO. That is almost unplayable. He’s OK the way he was used last year… defensive intensity to change the pace.

I also don't like having Samson and the freshman off the bench. I would like one veteran off the bench and Diarra is perfect for that.

Reaction Score
I dont know what / how u guys were watching, but I couldn't find it. Will there be replay?

Reaction Score
I dont know what / how u guys were watching, but I couldn't find it. Will there be replay?
There was nobody watching the game except the few people that were there. One guy there was tweeting updates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom