Game Day - UConn vs Louisville 7:00 pm est | The Boneyard

Game Day - UConn vs Louisville 7:00 pm est

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn women prepare for tough test against No. 3 Louisville

"Collier enters tonight's game with 998 career rebounds and 1,963 career points. She can become just the fifth Husky to cross the 2,000-point and 1,000-rebound thresholds."

37 points and 2 rebounds is the R.S.V.P. numbers that will welcome her into that exclusive club for life. Averaging 18.6 ppg, she should have the balance of those 37 points by the end of the @ Cincinnati game Saturday. In the mean time, Collier will have her hands full tonight guarding their starting post 6'4" junior Kylee Shook (8ppg/6.2rpg).

"The Huskies are 64-29 all-time in games vs. top-5 teams. UConn is 17-1 all-time vs. Louisville and the Huskies have won the last 17 meetings. This is the fifth straight meeting between the teams when both squads are ranked in the top-5.

Louisville's only blemish this season came to then-No. 1 Notre Dame on Jan. 10. This season, Asia Durr leads the Cardinals with 21.1 points per game while Sam Fuehring leads the team with 6.2 rebounds per game.

The Huskies may play in a conference that isn’t filled with top 25 teams, but they’re no stranger to intense competition — especially not this season. Coach Geno Auriemma believes in scheduling as many tough nonconference games as possible, which has resulted in two top-10 (Notre Dame & Baylor) matchups so far this season. The scheduling combined with the Huskies' long string of away games, has led UConn to play in multiple tough environments early on."

1548946527323.png

"They’ve been tested, both by Notre Dame and Baylor, and now they’re nearing their final big test before the NCAA Tournament in #3 Louisville. For the third time this season, #2 UConn will walk into a top 10 opponent’s arena on tonight. The Huskies have proven they can win, knocking off then #1 Notre Dame in December.
However they’ve also proven they’re capable of losing, as they did to then #8 Baylor. Going into the game against Louisville, they’re looking to use lessons from both of those games."

Here’s everything you need to know about Thursday’s game:
Site:
KFC YUM! Center, Louisville
Day/time: Thursday, 7 p.m. est - 4:00 pm pst
Series: UConn leads, 17-1
Last meeting: Feb. 12, 2018
TV: ESPN
Radio:
97.9 ESPN
Louisville women's official website
Game preview

Tip in - For you fans in other parts of the country, you can listen to The UConn game broadcast as well as the pregame show via live stream on ESPN 97.9. Since the game is on ESPN today, there will be no SNY pre or post game shows. I access ESPN 97.9 on iHeart radio. Bob Joyce along with Debbie Fisk tee the game up nicely for us. He gives us all of the latest news, coaches interviews, starting lineups, facts and figures for the game. After his game broadcast, he wraps up every game with a nice post game show which always includes replay highlights, box score totals and an insightful interview with our own Hall of Famer Chris Daley, who not only breaks down the key plays of the game, but also gives us a "state of the team" report.

The Pregame show begins at 6:30 pm est

[Here's the rest of the story]

Last edited by a moderator:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Who are the announcers?

Reaction Score
UConn women prepare for tough test against No. 3 Louisville

"Collier enters Thursday's game with 998 career rebounds and 1,963 career points. She can become just the fifth Husky to cross the 2,000-point and 1,000-rebound thresholds.

The Huskies are 64-29 all-time in games vs. top-5 teams. UConn is 17-1 all-time vs. Louisville and the Huskies have won the last 17 meetings. This is the fifth straight meeting between the teams when both squads are ranked in the top-5.

Louisville's only blemish this season came to then-No. 1 Notre Dame on Jan. 10. This season, Asia Durr leads the Cardinals with 21.1 points per game while Sam Fuehring leads the team with 6.2 rebounds per game.

The Huskies may play in a conference that isn’t filled with top 25 teams, but they’re no stranger to intense competition — especially not this season. Coach Geno Auriemma believes in scheduling as many tough nonconference games as possible, which has resulted in two top-10 matchups so far this season. The scheduling combined with the Huskies' long string of away games, has led UConn to play in multiple tough environments early on."

View attachment 38961

"They’ve been tested, both by Notre Dame and Baylor, and now they’re nearing their final big test before the NCAA Tournament in No. 3 Louisville. For the third time this season, No. 2 UConn will walk into a top-10 opponent’s arena on Thursday night. The Huskies have proven they can win, knocking off then-No. 1 Notre Dame in December. But, they’ve also proven they’re capable of losing, as they did to then-No. 8 Baylor. Going into the game against Louisville, they’re looking to use lessons from both of those games."

Here’s everything you need to know about Thursday’s game:
Site:
KFC YUM! Center, Louisville
Day/time: Thursday, 7 p.m. est - 4:00 pm pst
Series: UConn leads, 17-1
Last meeting: Feb. 12, 2018
TV: ESPN
Radio: 97.9 ESPN
Louisville's roster
Game preview

Tip in - For you fans in other parts of the country, you can listen to The UConn game broadcast as well as the pregame show via live stream on ESPN 97.9. Since the game is on ESPN today, there will be no SNY pre or post game shows. I access ESPN 97.9 on iHeart radio. Bob Joyce tees the game up nicely for us. He gives us all of the latest news, facts and figures for the game. After his game broadcast, he wraps up every game with a nice post game show which always includes replay highlights, box score totals and an insightful interview with our own Hall of Famer Chris Daley, who not only breaks down the key plays of the game, but also gives us a "state of the team" report.

The Pregame show begins at 6:30 pm est

[Here's the rest of the story]
@Scoop ---Excellent! The players, the threats, a bit of history; nicely done.
This is the best team on team size-wise of any encounter this year. While, I see the potential for loss in any game I see this one is pointed in Uconn's direction. Many things and players must go right. Foul and injuries are killers. @oldude has pointed out the potential asset of playing Mikayla Coombs, I feel CW has gotten the message drilled into her i.e. if your scoring fails you make up for that by keeping the other team from scoring, setting the pick, defending well, be a good decoy--and make a few easy ones. Per usual I shall be biting my nails until the final buzzer.

Reaction Score
I hope this team of announcers spends more time with the game then with the playful banter which seems to me to distract from the game. I think Adam Amin is much more prepared and dedicated to the women's game then Dave O'Brien ever was or wanted to be, but he needs to do a better job of keeping Rebecca and Kara focused on the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope this team of announcers spends more time with the game then with the playful banter which seems to me to distract from the game. I think Adam Amin is much more prepared and dedicated to the women's game then Dave O'Brien ever was or wanted to be, but he needs to do a better job of keeping Rebecca and Kara focused on the game.
I'm ok if UConn gets an early 30-point lead and the discussion meanders. :D

Reaction Score
We Baylor folks are rooting for UConn. It's a "cardinal" rule around here to root against them even if their playing a Nazi-Isis team from Iran.

I totally understand why and I root against him whoever that play! Well with a few exceptions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom