Game Day Experience Survey | The Boneyard

Game Day Experience Survey

Reaction Score
Received in my email this afternoon (if you didn’t get one - check spam folders). Take the time till voice your opinions/thoughts. There are a few free form text boxes available for the good and the bad. Go here to access survey.

019.JPG

Reaction Score
Pretty long survey, mostly focused on security, gameday experience, parking.

I'm glad they're reaching out, but in reality, until the team stops being horrible, I don't really know what they can do to make it better, other than dropping outrageous parking/concession prices.

Reaction Score
Received in email this afternoon (check spam folder). Take the time till voice your opinions/thoughts. There are a few free form text boxes available for the good and the bad. Go here to access survey.

View attachment 25040
Just finished mine. Funny, it came today. I was just talking to one of the ticket reps yesterday before the game regarding the bobble head promo. I wanted to get them before the game and put them in my car before entering. He said it wasn’t possible because you’d get them upon entry. I politely said, that’s stupid. Personally, I don’t want to carry them around during the game. But, maybe that’s just me. Anyway, he was polite and courteous. He said we welcome all suggestions and we’ll do everything we can to improve your gameday experience. Just found it funny, the survey came today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The more they win, the better the game day experience. Overall, I think the Rent is a great venue for College football. I know all the arguments for an on campus stadium but the East Hartford location is overall the best. Many on campus stadiums are a nightmare to get
out of and the parking and tailgating is suspect. Just gotta win!

Reaction Score
You need the students to show up. Undergrad enrollment is about 19,000, attendance was only 14,000. The experience will never be as good as it can be until the students get behind the team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The game day experience is pretty decent.

The parking patterns suck for the lots as do the Laz personnel but there are alternatives.

The security people are all over the map from too nice to over the top prison guard. That's been a disaster since day 1.

John Tuite sucks beyond belief but I'm sure he isn't going anywhere.

Some real bars in the concourse would be nice I guess.

I hate replay and would eliminate it tomorrow but I'm in a pretty small minority on that.

The concessions have been improved, we get more of the band (the drumline is a good add), the contests are pretty entertaining. They should use Andy Katz more and for actual sports. They even dragged Big Red down on the field yesterday.

I still think they should turn the whole area under the scoreboard into a giant sports bar. Tailgating on the inside. People want covered standing room based on the number of people who stand behind the red line - let's give it to them.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It might just be me getting put into weird spaces but I feel like they are packing more cars in the blue lot. Everything seems a little tighter than in years past.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I told someone they should have given the bobble heads out after the game. This way maybe people would have stuck around a little longer!

Sure fire plan to be left with 25,000 bobbleheads at the end of the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I told someone they should have given the bobble heads out after the game. This way maybe people would have stuck around a little longer!

Good point - it's beyond dopey to hand out bobbleheads before the game. I saw poor fathers hauling around 5 of them all day. Just give out coupons when people arrive and then hand them out as they leave.

Reaction Score
I completed the survey. I agree with just about everything said here and I said much of the same. Parts of the survey were kinda pointless for a game like ECU. There were no delays for parking or getting in/out because there was nobody there.

Speaking of parking, we usually park at the Aircraft Club because we are not season ticket holders. I had a blue lot tag for this game and besides being so close to the stadium I hated the way they pile the cars right on top of each other. There was no room at all to tailgate. Was that necessary with so few in the lots?

I also said the same thing about winning. You can try all the tricks and gimmicks and try to make everyone happy. The experience is not going to be great until the stadium is full and that is not going to happen until the team wins. Die hards on this board support the team no matter what (even if we are critical and cranky). The average fan and even the students want nothing to do with UConn football until the team is at least somewhat relevant.

As far as the stadium and location, I also agree that while it is not the "Big House", "Horseshoe" or Notre Dame Stadium, I think the Rent is a great venue and I think the East Hartford location make it ideal for the whole state to access it. Then again, if it were on campus and the team was winning, I am sure folks would drive up there.

Finally, I love the idea of a sports bar or tailgate area in the open area under scoreboard. Hmmmm...Can I get back into the survey after completing it?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I did politely ask for them to leave the P6 flag in the tunnel and replace it w/ a State of CT flag carried by a player who is a CT native.

Can we get replicas made and burn it in the lots prior to every game?

Reaction Score
Here is what I don't get about the parking. If you have a blue pass, and you invite friends or family to tailgate and they are not season ticket holders, they essentially park in Ohio and have to walk a great distance. If they want to bring anything to the tailgate, that makes the trek worse. Don't you want to make it easier for these people so that they have a great experience so they come to more games, or maybe even become season ticket holders? I am not sure how you fix this but this scenario comes up often.Not sure how to fix it, but maybe others have thoughts on this.

Reaction Score
Here is what I don't get about the parking. If you have a blue pass, and you invite friends or family to tailgate and they are not season ticket holders, they essentially park in Ohio and have to walk a great distance. If they want to bring anything to the tailgate, that makes the trek worse. Don't you want to make it easier for these people so that they have a great experience so they come to more games, or maybe even become season ticket holders? I am not sure how you fix this but this scenario comes up often.Not sure how to fix it, but maybe others have thoughts on this.

It’s easier to park @ Aero (or similar) if trying to get everyone to park together in a row. The other option is to meet up in one of the local business lots nearby and combine the heavy stuff into one vehicle before heading in - that makes it easier on the “walkers”. Have done both multiple times in the last 14 years. One other option is to try to buy a blue lot (or same color tag of usual lot location) here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Attendance is so low they should toss the colors out the window and park people first come first serve.

There were blue lots completely empty yesterday and they stick people a mile away. At least in the old days they ran shuttles.

Now the red lot is next to the employee parking and you watch employee shuttles drive by you on your trek.

The 1/3rd full gray lot the red lot parkers drive past is the best part. Sure there is a couple of acres of room here but why don't you keep driving sucker.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just finished mine. Funny, it came today. I was just talking to one of the ticket reps yesterday before the game regarding the bobble head promo. I wanted to get them before the game and put them in my car before entering. He said it wasn’t possible because you’d get them upon entry. I politely said, that’s stupid. Personally, I don’t want to carry them around during the game. But, maybe that’s just me. Anyway, he was polite and courteous. He said we welcome all suggestions and we’ll do everything we can to improve your gameday experience. Just found it funny, the survey can today.

I agree 100% about carrying them in the game and then putting it under my seat. My Husky bobblehead was picked up before and left in my car. That is the better way to do it in my opinion.

The parking people are better than last year as our security, though some still think they are more than just security.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It might just be me getting put into weird spaces but I feel like they are packing more cars in the blue lot. Everything seems a little tighter than in years past.

You're getting older and fatter. Everything seems smaller and tighter.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Parking !! Lmao!!! Someone should be fired after Holy Cross disaster, wonder why the state is broke they bought every orange cone made

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom