Game Cancelled | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Game Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Let's clear one thing up - it isn't a central location regarding Irene. Most of the damage was done in Southern and Eastern CT.
I have been involved extensively in business continuity planning and having only 1 recovery site is a real risk depending on the disaster. You need much more flexibility built into the plan. 1 recovery site may be also disabled in the disaster not very nimble or Bush 41 would say "not prudent".

Reaction Score
Let's clear one thing up - it isn't a central location regarding Irene. Most of the damage was done in Southern and Eastern CT.
I have been involved extensively in business continuity planning and having only 1 recovery site is a real risk depending on the disaster. You need much more flexibility built into the plan. 1 recovery site may be also disabled in the disaster not very nimble or Bush 41 would say "not prudent".

They didn't designate the Rent as the primary location after Irene hit, it was done long before Irene hit. Yes, there should be more flexibility, but it is perfectly located with respect to getting the most supplies to the entire state geographically.

Reaction Score
Bad plan by poor decision makers. I agree with those who said there should have been alternatives with some degree of flexibility depending on the type of disaster, and the related logistics. I trust each of any alternative sites or satellite locations they came up with would have their own scheduling conflicts depending on the time of year, so if someone suggests the Rent, the first question should have been "What happens if it's during the football season", duh!! As for responsibilities, the adjutant general for the Connecticut National Guard is responsible to the Governor, so I would say Gov. Malloy should be the one ultimately responsible for approving this plan, noting it is my understanding he is the one who would not allow for any change in the plan that would allow for the game to be played tonight.

Reaction Score
This thread got bumped up to the top and my first reaction was "WTF! What happened this week?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom