Game ball to Rodney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game ball to Rodney

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He always plays well in March. Usually a rocky road November - February, but tournament time he steps up.

His career averages for us in post season tournament play:

17ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.1 spg.
0.575 FG%, 0.424 3P%, and 0.821 FT%

C

Chief00

I don't know if there has ever been a more mercurial talent at UConn (maybe Stanley?). I hope you've got a few more of these before we bid you adieu. He willed us to a win tonight.

Quite frankly, I will always maintain that much of Stanley's fluctuations were a by product of how Jerome treated him. He played his best and most consistent ball after Jerome got injuried. He saw the ball a lot more then in his sweet spots.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
this is when he plays his best, we need another 30 from him tomorrow

Might need about 50 actually. And I'd like him to defend about 3 guys...at the same time.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I will always maintain that much of Stanley's fluctuations were a by product of how Jerome treated him. He played his best and most consistent ball after Jerome got injuried. He saw the ball a lot more then in his sweet spots.

Quite frankly, because this is one of the four rotating substantive observations you make over and over, everyone's aware of this, even if the record doesn't support it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Other players have to step up. Rodney won the game last night - was like everyone else was walking in quicksand. Gotta be much much crisper tonight.
If Jalen is hurting as bad as he was last night Houston will overplay Rodney to make sure someone else beats them. It's not rocket science but count on people reaming Rodney for struggling if that happens. It's the definition of haters needing to hate. Is this an excuse? Depends who reads it. Kelvin Sampson will be preparing his team to neutralize Rodney. I would if I were coaching Houston and Jalen was not playing or only a shadow of himself.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, because this is one of the four rotating substantive observations you make over and over, everyone's aware of this, even if the record doesn't support it.
Look at Stanley's statistics in 2009 without Jerome - compare them with Stanley's with Jerome statistics and see if you can come back and make that comment again?

Reaction Score
30 points is 30 pts
I don't care if it was vs Our Sisters of the Blind
Without qualifying it why can't we just say - congrats and thanks RP

Purvis has been inconsistent and streaky the entire season. Sure I'm happy for him, but it's time to step up and play like a 5th year senior for the rest of the tournament. It's USF...rooting for him, let's see if he shows up tonight

Reaction Score
I hope after last night's game he realizes that he's much more beneficial to the team when driving to the hoop for a lay-up or drawing the foul. He's very athletic and his game should consist of him driving the hoop more than shooting 3s. The 3s will open up throughout the game when he gets to the hoop.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Purvis has been inconsistent and streaky the entire season. Sure I'm happy for him, but it's time to step up and play like a 5th year senior for the rest of the tournament. It's USF...rooting for him, let's see if he shows up tonight
I hope after last night's game he realizes that he's much more beneficial to the team when driving to the hoop for a lay-up or drawing the foul. He's very athletic and his game should consist of him driving the hoop more than shooting 3s. The 3s will open up throughout the game when he gets to the hoop.

I expect you to iso his game and tell us how Houston plays him!

Reaction Score
I expect you to iso his game and tell us how Houston plays him!

Haha I'll have a good eye on him, not too worried about his defense, moreso staying engaged on offense and not settling for jumpshots/looking for contact driving into the lane so he can get to the line a little more

Reaction Score
Look at Stanley's statistics in 2009 without Jerome - compare them with Stanley's with Jerome statistics and see if you can come back and make that comment again?

I addressed this with you the first handful of times you made this argument, and explained in pretty significant detail why you were wrong. You - because you're incapable of hearing anyone but yourself talk - had no credible or logical response. Of course you think I'm actually going to take the time to rebut your argument again because you have a wildly inflated sense of yourself. You're entertainment at this point, that's it.

C

Chief00

I addressed this with you the first handful of times you made this argument, and explained in pretty significant detail why you were wrong. You - because you're incapable of hearing anyone but yourself talk - had no credible or logical response. Of course you think I'm actually going to take the time to rebut your argument again because you have a wildly inflated sense of yourself. You're entertainment at this point, that's it.

Here are the facts at link below. I wasn't wrong, the facts speak for themselves. Stanley put up amazing numbers in the post season run in 2008/2009 after Jerome went down.
UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Here are the facts at link below. I wasn't wrong, the facts speak for themselves. Stanley put up amazing numbers in the post season run in 2008/2009 after Jerome went down.
UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site

Wouldn't it have been logical that something like that would have happened by default? Take a reliable scorer out of the lineup and somebody else's numbers will likely improve? The slack had to be picked up by others, and they get more opportunities.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Rodney the Tesla in the AAC Tournament.

C

Chief00

Wouldn't it have been logical that something like that would have happened by default? Take a reliable scorer out of the lineup and somebody else's numbers will likely improve? The slack had to be picked up by others, and they get more opportunities.
I know it was more to it than that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom