Game Attire - What You Sport All Season Long. What Say You? | The Boneyard

Game Attire - What You Sport All Season Long. What Say You?

Reaction Score
Getting oh so close to the opener. Planning the tailgate is a great way to pass the time. Got me thinking about game day rituals. What is everyone's go to wardrobe - starting with late summer games to the chilly late November/early December tilts. Do you mix it up or stick with one outfit? Jerseys or pullover/hoodies. Polos or tees. (I have a buddy who's wardrobe is all Husky all the time - he might go broke with all the new natty hoops gear) Does supersitition play into things - not wanting to mess with the juju. I know I'll be busting out my Santa Claus Husky hat that one of my other fellow old timer bought me later in the season. (Sacred Heart may be too early - the 11/25 against UMESS may be the ticket) Love to hear what everyone wears. This thread can get us to opening day. What Say You?

Reaction Score
UConn Hockey old school away uniform sweater, #18, KRYGIER on the back. Given to me by Bruce Marshall for my support on the HOCKEY-L listserv at U Maine. For a decade and a half I was the only person writing about UConn hockey every night. Sometimes my stuff even got plagerized by a certain paper when they covered them infrequently. Unless you talked to Shea Ralph in the food line at Freitas, or had clam chowder in the warming hut at the Saarinen Roof, you were not part of that era.

Btw, in hockey, they are called sweaters, not jerseys.

Reaction Score
UConn Hockey old school away uniform sweater, #18, KRYGIER on the back. Given to me by Bruce Marshall for my support on the HOCKEY-L listserv at U Maine. For a decade and a half I was the only person writing about UConn hockey every night. Sometimes my stuff even got plagerized by a certain paper when they covered them infrequently. Unless you talked to Shea Ralph in the food line at Freitas, or had clam chowder in the warming hut at the Saarinen Roof, you were not part of that era.

Btw, in hockey, they are called sweaters, not jerseys.
Great story. Love the Shea Ralph reference.

Reaction Score
where on EARTH can i get this shirt? so dope.
screenshot-2023-08-10-at-11-54-50-pm-png.90552
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 11.55.40 PM.png

Reaction Score
Multiple outfits of garb. Depending on the severity of the weather, UConn ball cap with pom pom in the back to appear as long blue and white hair along with a seasonal shirt, UConn hat, gloves and outer attire all labeled UConn. In rain or snow I use my Jazz Howard #6 XL tee over my rain gear.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I watched UConn club varsity hockey team starting in 1968 at the upside down canoe rink. One of my fathers best friends son played for UConn at that time. They mostly played on Sunday mornings and we would bring a huge thermos of hot chocolate and my father always had black coffee stopped at the Boston Bakery in Rockville for Boston Cream donuts. So cold on the metal bleachers but fun Great memories

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What's the best place to look for gear? I need to refresh my wardrobe.

I know there's a bunch of places to buy but would prefer to use someplace which sends profits back to UConn.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What's the best place to look for gear? I need to refresh my wardrobe.

I know there's a bunch of places to buy but would prefer to use someplace which sends profits back to UConn.

I imagine the bookstore if you want UConn to receiver the profits

Bookstore

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom