Game article (free, no subscription) via Yahoo | The Boneyard

Game article (free, no subscription) via Yahoo

Reaction Score
Thanks.

I too thought the big story was how the under-classmen, bench players, and walking wounded played at a stratospheric level. With very little time to practice a totally new lineup with unfamiliar positions, matchups and basketball schemes - they played out of this world.

While a disappointing outcome, in many ways this was more memorable than the predictable juggernauts of the past.

I go this weekend to see them at Mohegan, totally looking forward to it.

Today's play is a credit to the staff & players for rapid-fire adjustments to our unfortunate injury plague.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maryland caught us at the right time. No whining or sour grapes here,,,, but if we had our entire team dressed today,,,, we win this game by 15-20 points.. and Frese knows it. I was much more impressed by how our team played than hers.

Reaction Score
Thanks.

I too thought the big story was how the under-classmen, bench players, and walking wounded played at a stratospheric level. With very little time to practice a totally new lineup with unfamiliar positions, matchups and basketball schemes - they played out of this world.

While a disappointing outcome, in many ways this was more memorable than the predictable juggernauts of the past.

I go this weekend to see them at Mohegan, totally looking forward to it.

Today's play is a credit to the staff & players for rapid-fire adjustments to our unfortunate injury plague.
I had posted give Ines ,Patterson and Caroline the start, they might surprise you , and they did not disappoint me with their play. I had Uconn and Maryland in a dream last night and we won by 12 and the team played great. I almost got my dream but, the team did play great. Our second team almost beat their first team. When Uconn's is back to full strength , watch out everybody,cause we will be formidable. LAW OF AVERAGES SAYS OUR TEAM GETS A BREAK FROM ALL THESE INJURIES AND I SAY IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! this week off will definitely help. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Amazing article, I can't remember a whole article about the losing team. Very appropriate however.
This is a reprint of the Hartford Courant article so it’s written by a UConn beat reporter (Lila Bromberg)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
UConn's 49 turnovers over the last 2 games are its most in a two-game span since Dec. 2002, when it also had 49. That was the team after four seniors went to the WNBA, and it was basically Diana and four freshmen.

ETA There were several other juniors who had never started before, but who made significant contributions. I didn't mean to minimize their contributions.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom