Game Analysis - UConn vs Prividence (Game 2) | The Boneyard

Game Analysis - UConn vs Prividence (Game 2)

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
This will be the second meeting between UConn and Providence this year. The first meeting did not go well for the Friars as they took a 45 point drubbing. UConn scored 98 points in that one...where they teased the fans by missing the 100 mark by two. Azzi Fudd played in that game and scored 16 points. Caroline also played in game one and contributed 10 points. Dorka Juhasz did not play in game one. Just about every available UConn played and scored in that one. Providence is not doing well this season having lost 10 games so far this season. They 4 and 8 in the conference. This game should be another blow-out... This game UConn's size will allow the ball to go into the paint much more. I know a lot of people think that UConn is a tired team and that they are on tired legs and there is some truth to that...but, these are 20 year olds, they are in great shape, they are resilient. However, I would think that Geno will play his bench more in this game.

Aaliyah Edwards vs Grace Efosa - Grace had 11 points in their first meeting...she averages 5.0 rebounds per game...Aaliyah should have her way with her in this game. Aaliyah only scored 14 points in their first meeting but she has extended her game and is scoring much better in the second half of this season. She will impact the game in many ways beyond just scoring. ADVANTAGE - UConn

Dorka Juhasz vs Olivia Olsen
- Olivia is the Friars biggest player. She averages 11.0 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.
She also blocks almost two shots per game. However she will be facing Dorka Juhasz who is having a great season just about averaging a double / double this season. Dorka didn't get to play in the first Providence game. ADVANTAGE - UConn

Aubrey Griffin vs Kylee Shepperd
- Kylee averages 9.5 points and 4.0 rebounds per game... Aubrey has the size advantage and is more athletic than Kylee. Kylee scored nine points in the Friars first match-up with the Huskies. Aubrey is playing her best basketball at the moment. ADVANTAGE - UConn

Lou Lopez-Senechal vs Brynn Farrell
- Brynn had 8 points in the first game with UConn which was right at her average.
Lou is just too hot to handle...she is constantly moving, she consistently hits the 3 ball getting about 2.75 threes per game. ADVANTAGE - UConn

Nika Muhl vs Janai Crooms
- Janai is their best player...I am not even sure that Nika gets the assignment. Janai's team leading 11.9 points and 7.2 rebounds per game make her Providence's number impact player. It is possible that we could see Aubrey get this assignment. However, given 4.0 assists per game I thought that putting NIka on Janai would slow her down some. Nika makes this team go... ADVANTAGE - UConn

Intangibles
- This game is played in Providence with another hostile away crowd. But, even if we give 5 points to Providence for home court advantage...it won't be enough to put a dent in UConn's armor. ADVANTAGE - UConn

Bench
- UConn has a shorter bench than Providence. Providence's bench should be more productive than UConn's ... ADVANTAGE - Providence

Coaching
- Nope...not even close -
ADVANTAGE - UConn

UConn - 88
Providence - 51

MOV - 37

Reaction Score
Thanks again, Sensei. There’s not much to add. I hope Aubrey continues on her current streak of dominance, and that Lou and Aaliyah find their scoring mojo again.

Reaction Score
Usually both Muhl and Griffin spend some time covering the other team's top scorer, unless she's too tall for Nika.

Reaction Score
How is Crooms? Injured? She didn't play in their last game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
When I saw the headlines I was wondering who is Prividence, then it donned on me that there was a typo.:oops: I concur with the mostly everything that was said except maybe for home court advantage, it didn't work for that team that wears Orange.:D

Reaction Score
Thinking about this game, it occurs to me that the struggle we went through with Villanova might be salutary for Aubrey. She had to carry the load for much of the game, rebounded really well, relied on her pull-up jumpshot etc, and I can hope this releases a logjam for her and she plays like that from now on! Let the Providence game be where she shows she can continue this trend.

Reaction Score
As I have said before, that Uconn will be undefeated in the BE this year and another trophy for Uconn, so no comments. We just need to get healthy and have at least 5 players on the bench. Our Super 5 are playing the best of their careers , but even Superman had his Kryptonite, so the NC is in reach and we just have to work an exceptionally played game to get it. It's doable. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
More than anything, I would like to see our five starters get some much needed rest. We'll get the win, it doesn't matter by how many points if means we'll be better ready for South Carolina. I know what CD would do. I trust Geno's thinking the same way.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This will be the second meeting between UConn and Providence this year. The first meeting did not go well for the Friars as they took a 45 point drubbing. UConn scored 98 points in that one...where they teased the fans by missing the 100 mark by two. Azzi Fudd played in that game and scored 16 points. Caroline also played in game one and contributed 10 points. Dorka Juhasz did not play in game one. Just about every available UConn played and scored in that one. Providence is not doing well this season having lost 10 games so far this season. They 4 and 8 in the conference. This game should be another blow-out... This game UConn's size will allow the ball to go into the paint much more. I know a lot of people think that UConn is a tired team and that they are on tired legs and there is some truth to that...but, these are 20 year olds, they are in great shape, they are resilient. However, I would think that Geno will play his bench more in this game.

Aaliyah Edwards vs Grace Efosa - Grace had 11 points in their first meeting...she averages 5.0 rebounds per game...Aaliyah should have her way with her in this game. Aaliyah only scored 14 points in their first meeting but she has extended her game and is scoring much better in the second half of this season. She will impact the game in many ways beyond just scoring. ADVANTAGE - UConn

- Olivia is the Friars biggest player. She averages 11.0 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.
She also blocks almost two shots per game. However she will be facing Dorka Juhasz who is having a great season just about averaging a double / double this season. Dorka didn't get to play in the first Providence game. ADVANTAGE - UConn

- Kylee averages 9.5 points and 4.0 rebounds per game... Aubrey has the size advantage and is more athletic than Kylee. Kylee scored nine points in the Friars first match-up with the Huskies. Aubrey is playing her best basketball at the moment. ADVANTAGE - UConn

- Brynn had 8 points in the first game with UConn which was right at her average.
Lou is just too hot to handle...she is constantly moving, she consistently hits the 3 ball getting about 2.75 threes per game. ADVANTAGE - UConn

- Janai is their best player...I am not even sure that Nika gets the assignment. Janai's team leading 11.9 points and 7.2 rebounds per game make her Providence's number impact player. It is possible that we could see Aubrey get this assignment. However, given 4.0 assists per game I thought that putting NIka on Janai would slow her down some. Nika makes this team go... ADVANTAGE - UConn

Intangibles
- This game is played in Providence with another hostile away crowd. But, even if we give 5 points to Providence for home court advantage...it won't be enough to put a dent in UConn's armor. ADVANTAGE - UConn

Bench
- UConn has a shorter bench than Providence. Providence's bench should be more productive than UConn's ... ADVANTAGE - Providence

Coaching
ADVANTAGE - UConn

UConn - 88
Providence - 51

MOV - 37
Thank you for the time and effort putting this together. It's appreciated. One item that caught my eye........"This game is played in Providence with another hostile away crowd." The fans at Notre Dame are hostile towards us. The fans at Tennessee are very hostile towards us. Hostile fans at Providence? Really? :confused: UConn has never had the relationship with Providence that they do with ND & UT. I'll be looking for that hostility tomorrow night. It's a good bet that we'll see a lot of the reserves tomorrow. The starters will need their strength and legs for Sunday. The season is winding down. Only 7 games left after Sunday's game with South Carolina.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Thank you for the time and effort putting this together. It's appreciated. One item that caught my eye........"This game is played in Providence with another hostile away crowd." The fans at Notre Dame are hostile towards us. The fans at Tennessee are very hostile towards us. Hostile fans at Providence? Really? :confused: UConn has never had the relationship with Providence that they do with ND & UT. I'll be looking for that hostility tomorrow night. It's a good bet that we'll see a lot of the reserves tomorrow. The starters will need their strength and legs for Sunday.
I meant hostile in the sense that it won't be a home crowd. You are 100 percent right there will not be anywhere near the hostility that we could expect from ND and or UT...you can throw the Duke crazies in there too. So while I know you final comment was more tongue in cheek than anything...I wouldn't look too hard for that hostility...lol :)

Reaction Score
Thank you for the time and effort putting this together. It's appreciated. One item that caught my eye........"This game is played in Providence with another hostile away crowd." The fans at Notre Dame are hostile towards us. The fans at Tennessee are very hostile towards us. Hostile fans at Providence? Really? :confused: UConn has never had the relationship with Providence that they do with ND & UT. I'll be looking for that hostility tomorrow night. It's a good bet that we'll see a lot of the reserves tomorrow. The starters will need their strength and legs for Sunday. The season is winding down. Only 7 games left after Sunday's game with South Carolina.
Question, isn't Providence one of the schools that does everything possible to keep UConn fans from storming the unprotected boarder and invading the game? I think a couple of the more local schools do that.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is a game where UConn can work on a few things. I would like to see Nika knock down some outside shots. I would also like to see Yanna take some shots. We're gonna need both of them to be threats. Opponets wont be expecting it

Reaction Score
This is a game where UConn can work on a few things. I would like to see Nika knock down some outside shots. I would also like to see Yanna take some shots. We're gonna need both of them to be threats. Opponets wont be expecting it
They will be expecting it if they see the tape of this game. There are no secrets in Fight Club.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Intangibles

Bench

Coaching
ADVANTAGE - UConn

UConn - 88
Providence - 51

MOV - 37
FWIW, I love these. Thanks for doing them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom