Gall, for cryin' out loud! Gall! | The Boneyard

Gall, for cryin' out loud! Gall!

Reaction Score
I usually don't react to grammatical errors because let's face it, we all, can make mistakes. But this one was so completely original and so, well, wrong, that I had to speak up.

In a previous (now closed) thread, two BYers went back and forth about who has the Gaul to say thus-and-such. Well, neither of them does. because Gaul was a place in ancient Europe (think France and Belgium, among other places). The word is "gall," as in gallstones., used like: "I cannot believe you had the gall to say that to me."

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Russian minds and Slo-vien(ly)ian fingers.

Reaction Score
I usually don't react to grammatical errors because let's face it, we all, can make mistakes. But this one was so completely original and so, well, wrong, that I had to speak up.

In a previous (now closed) thread, two BYers went back and forth about who has the Gaul to say thus-and-such. Well, neither of them does. because Gaul was a place in ancient Europe (think France and Belgium, among other places). The word is "gall," as in gallstones., used like: "I cannot believe you had the gall to say that to me."
Is it really a "grammatical error"??? My error has nothing to do with syntax, morphology or punctuation, and the phonology is actually correct. In any event my apologies for my spelling mistake, and it was original I'll give you that.

Reaction Score
Is it really a "grammatical error"??? My error has nothing to do with syntax, morphology or punctuation, and the phonology is actually correct. In any event my apologies for my spelling mistake, and it was original I'll give you that.
No, probably not grammatical. Just wrong word choice, I guess.

Reaction Score
My favorite may be surly in place of surely. Surly you jest.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
There are some people who post on here and use the word loose when the correct word to use is lose. Example: Why did they loose the game? I believe a moderator corrected one thread title that had loose instead of lose.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
That stengs......Let it bee!

Reaction Score
I could care less if people have the gall to incorrectly use the word gaul.

Lots less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom