Gag Me With A Spoon | The Boneyard

Gag Me With A Spoon

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Picture Bruno SanMartino and Haystack Calhoun on a tiny, round TV screen in a little kid Rocky's room and me transfixed! Killer Kowalsky's "Claw"!! I love it all.

Yep, nowhere near as compelling as Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Did the broadcasting of them start with Brenda Frese, or is that just when they started bugging me?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Geno says he doesn't believe in them. Glad he feels that way.
We've seen videos of Geno talking to his team before certain games. The little bit that I have seen suggests that it is a lot more real than what other coaches seem to do, and has to do with specific instructions for the game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon has a loud mouthed assistant coach (Campbell) that loves the sound of his own voice. He's a real treat to hear in the locker room.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Brenda, where are you Brenda:

"When Connecticut won the title two seasons ago, the Terps played them twice. In an early-season Jimmy V Classic matchup in Hartford, Frese put a diaper on a whiteboard. It was a message that did not need much explanation.

"If anybody needs to put this on, if anybody's going to pee their pants," director of player development Katie Fowler recalled, "here's your chance."

But steeled nerves and cool heads can go only so far. Maryland lost that day, 63-48. Its season ended in the Sweet 16, the Huskies winning their second meeting by 26."

Maryland coach Brenda Frese gets creative when motivating her players

God, how I miss her ... not.

Reaction Score
Picture Bruno SanMartino and Haystack Calhoun on a tiny, round TV screen in a little kid Rocky's room and me transfixed! Killer Kowalsky's "Claw"!! I love it all.
Hey! Watch your mouth! Nobody calls a legend like Mr. Sammartino by the wrong name! Not if you plan on remaining upright anyway. Capisce?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
We've seen videos of Geno talking to his team before certain games. The little bit that I have seen suggests that it is a lot more real than what other coaches seem to do, and has to do with specific instructions for the game.
coaches gotta amp their players up... everyone isn't UConn. its that "confidence" thing.

I bet Geno did a locker room speech in 95'... atleast twice!

Reaction Score
Reminded me of the Brenda Frese pregame speeches

...what I always got out of her pregame speeches, "to go out there and play Maryland basketball!" :rolleyes:

upload_2018-3-26_7-29-21.png

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Why do you hate Hulk Hogan?

Because he leg dropped Randy savage at bash at the beach 97.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Hey! Watch your mouth! Nobody calls a legend like Mr. Sammartino by the wrong name! Not if you plan on remaining upright anyway. Capisce?
My brother in law was in the Guard with Bruno in the late fifties. There was a local Pittsburgh program called Studio Wrestling and Bruno was the local star. He came to a family party once and did pushups with a bunch of us kids on his back. There was an older woman, real grandma type, who was always on the wrestling broadcasts and she was called Ringside Rosie. She yelled and screamed and carried on like a banshee. Hilarious stuff, and people loved it! Bruno went to to considerable fame around the country, but remained a Pittsburgh hero.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom