Gabby's Diving Layup | The Boneyard

Gabby's Diving Layup

Reaction Score
It's always tempting to gush about Gabby Williams' athleticism. I've watched her long enough not to be surprised at things she does, but her dive between two defenders resulting in a layup and a foul in the first half last night against Cal tops anything I can remember. I've only seen that move in NBA games. In a picture in today's New Haven Register there is a clear look at her release of that shot and she somehow arched her back to allow her to look at the rim before she released the shot. The TV coverage missed that part. Wow.

Also, it seems she's got a quicker start this year. She's always been fast on her feet but now she's added Dangerfield-like acceleration.

Reaction Score
Yes, fantastic- it got a major fist pump from me- as I was jumping out of my chair...!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Usually, it's a driving layup. That was a diving layup. She was pumped!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
EFFORT!!!
Gabby.jpg

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It's always tempting to gush about Gabby Williams' athleticism. I've watched her long enough not to be surprised at things she does, but her dive between two defenders resulting in a layup and a foul in the first half last night against Cal tops anything I can remember. I've only seen that move in NBA games. In a picture in today's New Haven Register there is a clear look at her release of that shot and she somehow arched her back to allow her to look at the rim before she released the shot. The TV coverage missed that part. Wow.

Also, it seems she's got a quicker start this year. She's always been fast on her feet but now she's added Dangerfield-like acceleration.
A Stanford player made a similar play last night but maybe even more spectacular. Maybe.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
DTesque. The ability to stay riveted on the few things that matter when thrown a curve is a rare athletic gift.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Gabby is nails!!

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Not as good as the one from the Register but this is what it looked like from my angle:
20171117-_Z6U1481-2.jpg

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I know I get called an undersized post but this is rediculous.

Here's the picture from today's New Haven Register of Gabby's diving layup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom