Gabby! | The Boneyard

Gabby!

Reaction Score
To me Gabbby was always the quintessamal player that could do it all. She was 5'11" and jumped center for Uconn and won 90% of the balls.Her leaping ability made her the equivalent of someone 6'5". She passed with the best off them. She could defend with the best of them and she could score with the best of them. In my opinion she was the perfect player, a jack-of-all-trades.I am very happy that she is doing so well and is being recognized for it. It was a very nice article. GO GABBY!!!

Reaction Score
I remember Geno saying one time "Just wait until her basketball skills catch up with her athletic skills". I think we are getting there. Love Ms Gaboulous, she is a delight and wish her continued success in the WNBA.
Gabby .jpeg

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I remember an interview where Gabby was talking about a game as a freshman and UConn was getting beat. She was trying to hide because she knew she wasn't ready to play at this level.

If I remember correctly that was the catalyst for her commitment to improving her game to compete at the UConn level.

I think that freshman year is a critical time in a college players development.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I remember an interview where Gabby was talking about a game as a freshman and UConn was getting beat. She was trying to hide because she knew she wasn't ready to play at this level.

If I remember correctly that was the catalyst for her commitment to improving her game to compete at the UConn level.

I think that freshman year is a critical time in a college players development.

Geno didn’t play her in the Stanford loss. She blamed herself for not being ready.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite UConn players....constantly moving, able to jump higher than most, completely focused. Watching her on defense against a guard, her legs going back and forth, ready to steal the ball; a rare talent.

Reaction Score
Met her, KML and Kia in Boston years back and she was as humble as one would imagine. Not that I had the crystal ball, but I told her she’d be a stud one day and to have confidence in her athletic abilities.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Geno didn’t play her in the Stanford loss. She blamed herself for not being ready.
I'm just remembering the clip where she said something like she was hiding behind her team mates so coach wouldn't see her if he looked down the bench.

Yah, that realization of " I'm not ready". Is that freshman point in time when you get "IT" and decided what you're going to do about it.

Was just trying to make the connection between where she is now and a point in time where she made her commitment to get where she is today. Especially as a freshman at UConn. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom