Gabby Williams Named to French Olympic Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams Named to French Olympic Team

Reaction Score
I don’t have an issue with it. Especially, if you are a descendant of that country. Have you seen the Mexican National softball team? Probably more than 90% of those young ladies were born in the States. Have you seen the Italian National softball team? It’s the same. These athletes dreamed of playing in the Olympics as kids and realized that they may not have the opportunity to represent for the U.S. Even though the coaches do not receive medals, there are Americans coaching for other countries. See the Nigerian men’s National team.

Reaction Score
Okay, I know this is going to be unpopular with some people, but ...
I have mixed emotions about someone who enjoys all the opportunity and benefits of being an American and living in the US playing to beat their own country in the Olympics. It's the same for the Ogwumike sisters. I understand everyone is different, but how could you try to beat your own country? The country that gave you and your family opportunity you could not get elsewhere? As an American, who lives a damn good life because you are an American, how could you feel good if you beat your own country? Plus, isn't part of the thrill of winning Gold, or any medal, to stand on that podium and know that you delivered for your country. If France or Nigeria were to win Gold, would Gabby or the O sisters feel good being a part of the team that took down the US? You're an American and you didn't make the team. So you root for your fellow countrymen or women. If you choose to comment on my post, please don't make it political. This is not about politics. This just doesn't sit well with me.
Some of us are dual citizens. We have two countries, and most of us love them both.

Reaction Score
Good for her...! And I have always loved Gabby's Megawatt Smile :D:D
I am happy for every former UCONN player to gain legitimate membership on any coutry's Olympic team.

It makes for greater competition, and more "nudges" from DT and real fouls as necessary...

Hopefully no more CoViD for our Olympic Huskies....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom