Gabby Williams Diary | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams Diary

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love that Mocha Trappuccino. Keep working hard! I hope to see you in D.C.!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hhhm. I found this very interesting. I wish she could give more details. Is it terminology or fundamental differences?

I kept getting in trouble in practice from our shell drill. Everything we did at UConn, we do the opposite here. (This concerns me ;))

Stef Dolson was funny; she pulled me aside and said, "I know exactly what you're doing. Everything you learned at UConn, just throw it away for a second." That was a hard adjustment for me.

Funny

It was weird playing against Kia Nurse on Sunday. Since the game was so intense, it wasn't as hard to leave the teammate thing in the past and our competitive spirits just kind of took over. In the second quarter, I was guarding her in transition and she got me to bite on a fake on the right block (watch).

I was so mad. Kia knows the scout on me, she knew I wanted to block that shot. I know she knew. I could hear CD in the back of my head screaming. "Stay down!" and I was like, "Oh my god, it's a frikkin' flashback." We're going to see each other a lot like that now. I'm sure the weirdness and awkwardness of it will become normal. It's just so different.

Cool

Speaking of familiar faces, Napheesa Collier came to Chicago last week -- that was so fun! She was here training and I went and got a workout in with her. I was so excited. She's already picking my brain about what it's like. It was fun to give Phees tips and advice and for her to ask me questions, and then for us just to gossip and talk about everything.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Interesting read!! Loved the bit about her getting nervous while guarding Maya, hoping the ball didn't get into her or it could be embarrassing :p
BUT --- Look how she responded ... with a steal!

Well, it did result in an embarrassed player. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom