Gabby Williams and Sopron: Back in EuroLeague FF and a confession | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams and Sopron: Back in EuroLeague FF and a confession

Reaction Score
A bit of diversion before the game starts tomorrow.

Great piece on Gabby and Sopron

Gabby's direction as a player; that's mostly likely what Seattle Storm will ask her to be and the idea behind the trade.

"I now know the kind of player that I should be and the kind of player that I want to be," confessed Williams.

"In Sopron I have been able to focus on being a true wing player. At previous teams I would play the 4, then the 3, then point guard, then the two. I am learning from the best players in the world. I am trying to soak in all that knowledge.

"This league forces me to evolve my game because the competition is so high. I think that it is something that I didn't truly realize before I stepped into it. I did not know how much it was going to push me mentally and physically.

"I watched it while in college and I knew I wanted to play in it - but I never knew how much it would force me to grow. Of course, I never thought it would be easy, but I never dreamed my game could improve like this. That speaks to the kind of level EuroLeague Women is," she concluded.

Sopron and Williams will go up against Perfumerias Avenida in the Semi-Finals in Istanbul on Friday, April 8. Yep, that's against Katie Lou's and Karlie's team.

"There is a feeling of deja vu having Avenida again," said Williams.

"I am someone who likes revenge. I like redemption. It makes me even more excited. The feeling that everyone has is that without Ekat, it feels like the title is anyone's now. [Ekat is Stewie's team, yeah that powerhouse]

Reaction Score
A bit of diversion before the game starts tomorrow.

Great piece on Gabby and Sopron

Gabby's direction as a player; that's mostly likely what Seattle Storm will ask her to be and the idea behind the trade.

"I now know the kind of player that I should be and the kind of player that I want to be," confessed Williams.

"In Sopron I have been able to focus on being a true wing player. At previous teams I would play the 4, then the 3, then point guard, then the two. I am learning from the best players in the world. I am trying to soak in all that knowledge.

"This league forces me to evolve my game because the competition is so high. I think that it is something that I didn't truly realize before I stepped into it. I did not know how much it was going to push me mentally and physically.

"I watched it while in college and I knew I wanted to play in it - but I never knew how much it would force me to grow. Of course, I never thought it would be easy, but I never dreamed my game could improve like this. That speaks to the kind of level EuroLeague Women is," she concluded.

Sopron and Williams will go up against Perfumerias Avenida in the Semi-Finals in Istanbul on Friday, April 8. Yep, that's against Katie Lou's and Karlie's team.

"I am someone who likes revenge. I like redemption. It makes me even more excited. The feeling that everyone has is that without Ekat, it feels like the title is anyone's now. [Ekat is Stewie's team, yeah that powerhouse]
I sure miss Gabby’s play. The relentlessness of Nika combined with the reactions of Lawrence Taylor, hops of Jordan, she can guard anyone. She was so easy to root for.

Reaction Score
I sure miss Gabby’s play. The relentlessness of Nika combined with the reactions of Lawrence Taylor, hops of Jordan, she can guard anyone. She was so easy to root for.
Gabrielle Lisa Williams - have never stopped rooting for her as she continues to define herself as a basketball player. She also happens to be a great human being.....of the long line of likable/lovable players at UConn, she tugged my heart the most, not only for what she became as a player after missing her last two years in HS.....occasionally cooking for her teammates, etc.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Before reading the story, did not know Gabby is on the Storm. That could be a real good fit. I know she is happy she is not going against Stewie.

Reaction Score

KLS is not currently with Avenida. She returned to the US at the beginning of February during the league break for therapy (back). She played 7 games (out of 24) in the Spanish league and 13 games in Euroleague before leaving in Feb. She has been in the States now two months.

KLS first injured her back in her Senior game in 2019, missing the Big East tournament before returning for her final NCAAT. She has had back issues in 2020 and 2022 as well. She is in the final year of her WNBA contract with LA Sparks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom