Gabby will be starting for KLS | The Boneyard

Gabby will be starting for KLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did not like Napheesa taking those two 3s in the third quarter. Not the best shots they could have gotten.

She could hit them in practice, she was wide opened, and I am glad she had the confidence in her to take them, even if she missed them. She took the shot in the flow of the game, did not force them. I am sure if she had made just one of them, you would be singing a different tune.

Reaction Score
Chong better be ready to give some relief if needed.... Or send in Ekmark... she has been much better lately

Reaction Score
Looking back at the box score of last year's championship game, I was amazed to see that 4 starters (Stewie, Mo, Morgan, KML) all played 39+ minutes. Nurse played 28. The entirety of the bench played 13 minutes (Stokes 10, Gabby 3).

Now Syracuse plays a much faster pace than Notre Dame did, so fatigue may be more of a factor, but there is a precedent for Geno going to basically a 5.5-man rotation.

Reaction Score
Looking back at the box score of last year's championship game, I was amazed to see that 4 starters (Stewie, Mo, Morgan, KML) all played 39+ minutes. Nurse played 28. The entirety of the bench played 13 minutes (Stokes 10, Gabby 3).

Now Syracuse plays a much faster pace than Notre Dame did, so fatigue may be more of a factor, but there is a precedent for Geno going to basically a 5.5-man ro

Reaction Score
She could hit them in practice, she was wide opened, and I am glad she had the confidence in her to take them, even if she missed them. She took the shot in the flow of the game, did not force them. I am sure if she had made just one of them, you would be singing a different tune.
We'll need those shots to be taken next year so she might as well hoist 'em now...

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Geno compared Syracuse to DePaul. I was at that game and was pleased with the final score. ;)
I'll creep out on the limb a bit and say I'm not so sure Syracuse is better than DePaul.
Experience on the kind of stage that will be tomorrow night, UConn has all of it.

Reaction Score
I did not like Napheesa taking those two 3s in the third quarter. Not the best shots they could have gotten.
Napheesa can shoot 3s. She's made them in games and she practices them a lot. Geno wants her to shoot them in the games, otherwise stop practicing them. Collier may really be like Tuck in her ability to shoot from the outside and play down low. Not sure she has the same great footwork that Tuck has, but I'm looking forward to the sophomore leap by KLS and Collier. I think KLS will challenge for a 1st team AA spot next year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa can shoot 3s. She's made them in games and she practices them a lot. Geno wants her to shoot them in the games, otherwise stop practicing them. Collier may really be like Tuck in her ability to shoot from the outside and play down low. Not sure she has the same great footwork that Tuck has, but I'm looking forward to the sophomore leap by KLS and Collier. I think KLS will challenge for a 1st team AA spot next year.

For the record, Collier is 2-12 from three this season. It's not one of her bigger strengths at the moment.

Reaction Score

Now Syracuse plays a much faster pace than Notre Dame did, so fatigue may be more of a factor, but there is a precedent for Geno going to basically a 5.5-man rotation.
Geno also knows you do not break a press by trying to dribble through it like Plum tried to do for Washington. If you break the press it is layup city.

Reaction Score
Starting Gabby tells me that Geno's strategy is simple- next person up. I thought he may start Soniya to keep the rotation intact but it is possible he thinks Gabby is the better player to break the press. It's weird though. Syracuse presses and plays zone. Seems counterintuitive or maybe it's a way for Hillsman to give his players a rest from all of the pressing.

Reaction Score
I love Gabby's play..she's smooth and a great defender. I think she'll step up, as will Collier off the bench. They both played great in the semi.

Reaction Score

Your kidding right? UCONN is the most conditioned team in the country. No one practices harder then the huskies ask any coach out there who has sat and watched a GENO practice. I'm sorry I have to laugh!!! UCONN doesn't get fatigue they play 40 minutes of non stop pressure. If your so worried about Syracuse then why isn't Syracuse 37-0?? I'm sure UCONN handle there pressure. Can the orange handle 40 minutes of what UCONN will throw at them on both ends of the floor. Who cares if UCONN doesn't win by 30 a win is a win. I swear everyone thinks UCONN is in trouble why?? UCONN has good 3 point shooters. U have Stewie, tuck, mo, Kia, and chong who can all hit the 3. Yes we lose Lou but we have more talent at every position and if u think the orange is going to shoot like they did against Washington??? Come on washingtons defense was horrible. And UCONN will be able to break the press they have ball handlers height and length to see over the press. UCONN will break the zone by hitting outside shots and driving the lane. There is no one who can stop Stewie from driving the lane or Jefferson. Attack the zone don't spend all game jacking up 3's. That's not uconn's game so we all know what's Syracuse game but in order for Syracuse to win they will have to jack up about 35 3's and hit at least 15 at 50% and hope UCONN misses shots and has more then 20 turnovers resulting in easy points the other way. I do not see that happening!!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Chong better be ready to give some relief if needed.... Or send in Ekmark... she has been much better lately
Chong only plays if Nurse or Mo get hurt, or we really struggle breaking that Syracuse press. Ekmark comes in if the lead is 25 +. I'm not seeing more than 30 secs prior to a quarter time out or something like that.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think Geno would like to start Napheesa because he love Gabby off the bench so much. But he probably won't. Lou's improvement and play the last 1/3 rd of the season on both ends of the floor made us a total unbeatable juggernaut. We are still almost impossible to beat with Gabby & Napheesa.

Reaction Score
Baring injuries or fouls , six players only until mop-up time- anyone who thinks Ekmark gets in before SC is dreaming-Butler gets in before Ekmark, maybe even before SC depending on game flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom