Gabby vs Aja Jumpball Plus Game Photos | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gabby vs Aja Jumpball Plus Game Photos

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Too quick off the mark, and her second jump is quicker than most as well. I noted in the chat room that SCar pre-game looked as if they didn't think they could win the game. Their body language showed this as well during the first TO.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Too quick off the mark, and her second jump is quicker than most as well. I noted in the chat room that SCar pre-game looked as if they didn't think they could win the game. Their body language showed this as well during the first TO.

You can tell a lot if you can read a person's "body language". The body language I was getting from Dawn said we're going to lose.
She didn't appear engaged or animated like she has in past games. It was almost like it was a foregone conclusion that they were going to lose. I could be wrong, but that's the way I read her actions. :confused:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You can tell a lot if you can read a person's "body language". The body language I was getting from Dawn said we're going to lose.
She didn't appear engaged or animated like she has in past games. It was almost like it was a foregone conclusion that they were going to lose. I could be wrong, but that's the way I read her actions. :confused:
You and I weren't the first to note the team and Dawn's body language. During the first game in February I think even the announcers noted how she appeared to be less animated than usual. It seems that Dawn feels at this time she doesn't have the coaching acumen to challenge Geno's teams. The game plan of limiting UConn's possessions during the first half and part of the 2nd may have felt like a concession to the team. That we can't play with them so let's junk it up. A game plan that I can't ever remember Dawn attempting. Dawn's look of "Oh well", and her poor use of TO's (something Holly has often been lambasted for) in the first half seemed to me to verify her lack of confidence in herself and her team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You and I weren't the first to note the team and Dawn's body language. During the first game in February I think even the announcers noted how she appeared to be less animated than usual. It seems that Dawn feels at this time she doesn't have the coaching acumen to challenge Geno's teams. The game plan of limiting UConn's possessions during the first half and part of the 2nd may have felt like a concession to the team. That we can't play with them so let's junk it up. A game plan that I can't ever remember Dawn attempting. Dawn's look of "Oh well", and her poor use of TO's (something Holly has often been lambasted for) in the first half seemed to me to verify her lack of confidence in herself and her team.

Much is made of all the records UConn holds. One record that only gets mentioned when it occurs is that Geno has NEVER lost to one of his assistant coaches. Dawn was one of his assistants on the USA Olympic women's teams. Coaches know when they go into a game whether or not they have a chance to win. They know their team, and they usually know the other team as well. The only AAC coach that really feels he can beat UConn is Jose Fernandez. The rest of them know better. They just hope they can keep the MOV within 30.

I know they hate playing UConn because UConn is bigger and more talented than they are. Any AAC coach that says they look forward to playing UConn is lying. No one relishes a beat down. The other AAC schools do not compete for the same potential recruits that UConn does, we all know that. Most of the time they recruit girls that are not ranked in the top 100. Every one of UConn's players were either a McDonald's AA or an "All state player. The best player on their HS team. The top ranked players in the country don't list mid-majors as a potential landing spot, again, we all know this. UConn is an "elite Major" in a conference comprised of mid-majors. This is the reason UConn has never lost a conference game since moving to the AAC.
Pardon my rant. I got carried away. :oops:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Isn't the opening jump ball now a meaningless activity since they trade quarterly possession thereafter? They might as well flip a coin before the game.
No it is not meaningless. Possession at the start of a quarter is based on whoever had possession after the last held ball if one had occurred during the quarter. If only one held ball had occurred, ND would have been awarded the ball and UCONN would have inbounded the ball at the start of the second quarter. It's by alternate possession.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom