Gabby the Great | The Boneyard

Gabby the Great

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
We are not the only people impressed. Stright from the horse's (JPM) mouth as posted in another thread

I am willing to believe that JPM has learned alot of lessons. In any case, I am surprised the BY is not giving a little more air time to her praise of Gabby.

"I don't know her personally, but she seems just gabulous. She seems low maintenance, wonderful to coach, always goes hard. I think I'm going to echo Jay Bilas. Jay Bilas loves her, talks about her all the time, about just a wonderful player in women's basketball. I'm going to go with him and be on that club, the Gabby Williams Fan Club, because I think not only is she so consistent, but she just doesn't bat an eye to anything.

"She competes at an Olympic level of focus, and obviously I'm sure she's learned a great deal from Geno (Auriemma) and his staff. But I'll tell you what, she's a very special player. They just don't come around very much, and she's the closest thing to Maya Moore to me without the outside shooting as much, but still with that body type and the way she's consistent. She's very clever and very good, and she was a big problem for us."

Williams smiled when she heard what McCallie had said.

"Maya Moore without the outside shot. Just throw that in there, make sure you know," Williams said with a laugh. "I mean, it's a huge honor to even be in the same sentence as her. I think it's ... I don't know, I would never call myself Maya Moore. But that is a huge compliment."

Reaction Score
Her uniqueness makes comparisons kind of hard but I think somehwere in the 10-15 range around Dolson, KML etc. Multiple AAs (I'm assuming) but not quite on the superstar/POY tiers.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
<<Obviously if she help UConn win 3 more games it improves her legacy greatly.>>

With all due respect, she has already established her "legacy" and little of what she does from now on will alter that significantly.

Reaction Score
On top of it all, she's absolutely determined to bring a national championship home to Storrs. I have felt it all year, the choice she has made to disproportionately carry this burden for her team. Another sign to me that Gabby will do down as one of the great ones.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This probably sounds kind of stupid, and not taking anything from the other girls, but I think if I could have an actual, non-basketball, conversation with any of the players, Gabby would be my choice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
<<Obviously if she help UConn win 3 more games it improves her legacy greatly.>>

With all due respect, she has already established her "legacy" and little of what she does from now on will alter that significantly.

No doubt Gabby's legacy is established but she has the opportunity in the next three games to significantly alter her record of achievement. If in leading UCONN to its 12th NC she can overfill the bucket with the things that only she can do her legacy will be that of legendary!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom