Gabby, oh Gabby (episode 3) | The Boneyard

Gabby, oh Gabby (episode 3)

Reaction Score
I admit to being a huge Gabby BB fan, but after watching MTM Episode 3 I'm even more impressed with her as a young woman. She comes across as such a thoughtful, mature, deep person. If memory serves, Geno has said she's intellectually very aware & involved in what goes on outside of BB and I think we saw a little bit of that. She's going to go far in life no matter what path she chooses.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I admit to being a huge Gabby BB fan, but after watching MTM Episode 3 I'm even more impressed with her as a young woman. She comes across as such a thoughtful, mature, deep person. If memory serves, Geno has said she's intellectually very aware & involved in what goes on outside of BB and I think we saw a little bit of that. She's going to go far in life no matter what path she chooses.
My thoughts exactly. We know that Gabby is incredibly versatile on the basketball court, but HBO has highlighted Gabby's versatility off the court as well.

She can cook and she is obviously very knowledgeable about music. I love her comment about preferring albums over playlists, "albums are the way that artists want you to listen to their music." She then goes on to chide her generation for listening to playlists, "kids today."

Gabby's parents raised a remarkable young lady.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The feeling I so often get about these young ladies is that I'd be very proud if I could call them part of my family. What's not to like? Intelligence, charm, and general sweetness, but with a Marine's combat mentality and a maturity that belies their years. It's often said here on the BY that UConn isn't for everybody. But it should be. This, friends, is what setting the bar high is really about: Who you've been, who you are, and who you can become. I love it.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. We know that Gabby is incredibly versatile on the basketball court, but HBO has highlighted Gabby's versatility off the court as well.

She can cook and she is obviously very knowledgeable about music.

It must be kismet: two days ago, Fine Cooking magazine included two different takes on Shrimp & Grits-- something that speaks to her culinary tastes.

Reaction Score
I loved hearing collier talk about getting her makeup done for the photo shoot for espn. You can tell she's trying to get used to being a superstar with all the attention she is starting to get. KLS and kia are already comfortable in that roll.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gabby had me with her Marley poster on her wall and I do love her vinyl love. Old, deep soul. No Gabs, we need 4 of these 6 to be supercharged Gabby style!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
And why are we surprised? Geno recruits the complete package. Yes they can "ball" with the best of them, that's a given. But they are also great people.

Shrimp & grits, vinyl and its all good.

And this is a TEAM. Each one depends on the other and they believe in each other. They believe that if a rebound is needed, someone will get it. When a basket is needed, someone will get it. When a defensive stop is needed, it will happen. A very difficult team to defeat.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When Geno is asked 'how much longer' type questions, one of the thoughts I always have is: How could he walk away from these women, exile them from his daily routine?! :eek:
I mean, the alarm clock goes off at 6:00AM on a dark and cold winter's morning, and I can't imagine the first thought could ever be 'Oh, God, I have to spend three hours today dealing with Lou and Law, Pheesa and Gabby, Kia and Nat, Chong and Kyla, Molly and Danger!' Just not going to ever enter someone's mind. :)
I know that actually doing that three hours of dealing with them and all the other things that go into coaching aren't always filled with lightness and joy, but ... it sure beats the heck out of most alternative choices. And it isn't just the players - spending 6+ hours interacting with CD, Shea, and Marisa sounds like something other than extreme hardship!:cool:

Reaction Score

For us non-subscribers, any way to put the links here?

Reaction Score
I wish there was an easy way to do it. I had to join HBO Now (tied into my Roku box) to get it. Fortunately they have a "sign-up for $9.95/mo and get first month free" deal.....just have to remember to cancel before the billing starts, but it should carry me through the NCAA's nicely! Actually glad I found it as I can grab HBO Now again when Game of Thrones starts. Sorry I can't be more helpful as it really is a great series on the Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom