Gabby, Kia, KLS Nahpeesa & Z Regional Finalist for WBCA AA Team | The Boneyard

Gabby, Kia, KLS Nahpeesa & Z Regional Finalist for WBCA AA Team

Reaction Score
Kalina Brown is one of the few that I can see displacing a UConn player in terms of top 5 for the region.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how the regions are created. How can UConn and Texas be in the same region?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Not sure how Anigwe made the list. Seems to be something amiss at Cal this year.

Reaction Score
Based on Wade and Naismith finalists, it should be reasonable to assume that SIX of the Ten 1st Teamers will be:
Katie Lou Samuelson.....(Wade and Naismith)
Aja Wilson......................(Wade and Naismith)
Asia Durr........................(Naismith)
Gabby Williams..............(Naismith)
Sabrina Ionescu..............(Wade)
Kelsey Mitchell...............(Wade)

That leaves 4 spots on the First Team. Wonder who they will be??

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
In prior years only 3 players from a single team could be nominated for the WBCA All American Team. That's why I was wondering why 5 UConn players are nominated.
If 3 players are nominated does the Conference have nominees? Not a slight to any UConn player.

I guess it should be 5 Tenn players?

Reaction Score
In prior years only 3 players from a single team could be nominated for the WBCA All American Team. That's why I was wondering why 5 UConn players are nominated.
If 3 players are nominated does the Conference have nominees? Not a slight to any UConn player.
That limit only applies to the final ten-member team, not the Regional team, to which this refers.

Reaction Score
Instead of "regions" they should have said "by P5 conference. The ACC, B1G, SEC B12 & PAC12 are in different "regions". They put the AAC in with the B12. It's an obvious case of spreading the wealth.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I got the below from Jose Fernandez USF Coach and Chair of the WBCA All American Committee

1. I am the AA Commitee Chair There is an unlimited number on nominations a coach can nominate from their team . There are 5 regions. The top 40 vote getters from those regions are regional AA selections . Then the final 12 to get to 52 are open for a vote by the committee to get us to the 52 number. From the 52 selected we select the WBCA all America team hope that helps.
  2. The team is selected in person at the Final Four site in our meetings on Monday and Tuesday. So u already know 4 of those that were Wade Watch finalist Samuelson Mitchell Wilson Ionescu so 6 spots left.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jose clarified that Prior to this year a team could only nominate three players. Now a team can nominate as many as they want. They want to select the 10 Best Players regardless of team or conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom