Gabby going off against Phoenix | The Boneyard

Gabby going off against Phoenix

HGN

Reaction Score
I saw highlights of Gabby's 26pts......It was Gabby of old with blow-by's , and a new Gabby with confident jumpers. She looked fabulous.

The Sky played without Stephanie again , but if Gabby can get double digits every night this could be a very good team with Dolson in the middle.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I saw highlights of Gabby's 26pts.It was Gabby of old with blow-by's , and a new Gabby with confident jumpers. She looked fabulous.

The Sky played without Stephanie again , but if Gabby can get double digits every night this could be a very good team with Dolson in the middle.

That highlight reel was simply Gabulous!

There was a LOT of space to operate and Gabby took advantage of that, but also she shot incredibly well AND took the ball right at Griner a few times as already mentioned. Did not look at all like a rookie! Wow!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw highlights of Gabby's 26pts.It was Gabby of old with blow-by's , and a new Gabby with confident jumpers. She looked fabulous.

Gabby highlights:

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It never ceases to amaze me how “pro ready” UConn WBB players are when they enter the WNBA. Kia & now Gabby just required a few games in their rookie seasons to figure things out and they are already establishing themselves as top players in the league. It’s a credit to their hard work and talent as well as Geno and his staff.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
All of these clips and I still haven't seen that damn tattoo.
It's pretty cool. I caught a tiny glimpse of it on draft night - it looks like it comes up her back and spreads out to her shoulder. I don't recall if it's a bunch of Chinese type characters, or something different - it was barely a glimpse of it that you could see with her dress when she had her back turned during draft night...

A couple of other thoughts - of course great game for Gabby. I doubt she scores 20+ every game, but it had to do wonders for her confidence to hit mid range and 3-point shots as well as get great drives around the basket, even with Griner in the way. Also was impressed with the maturity of Deshields - IMHO in the past, she would have jacked up shots no matter what, but she only took 3 shots all game - not open, didn't have good shots, so she worked instead on rebounding and doing other things to help her team.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
It never ceases to amaze me how “pro ready” UConn WBB players are when they enter the WNBA. Kia & now Gabby just required a few games in their rookie seasons to figure things out and they are already establishing themselves as top players in the league. It’s a credit to their hard work and talent as well as Geno and his staff.

Quality comment !!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's pretty cool. I caught a tiny glimpse of it on draft night - it looks like it comes up her back and spreads out to her shoulder. I don't recall if it's a bunch of Chinese type characters, or something different - it was barely a glimpse of it that you could see with her dress when she had her back turned during draft night...

A couple of other thoughts - of course great game for Gabby. I doubt she scores 20+ every game, but it had to do wonders for her confidence to hit mid range and 3-point shots as well as get great drives around the basket, even with Griner in the way. Also was impressed with the maturity of Deshields - IMHO in the past, she would have jacked up shots no matter what, but she only took 3 shots all game - not open, didn't have good shots, so she worked instead on rebounding and doing other things to help her team.

You hit the nail on the head here, along with the fact that she was able to do this against a team with a quality BIG on the floor. You're right, she won't do this every game. Kia had a lack luster game (5 pts) against Phoenix following her 34 point performance over the Fever.

If Gabby can consistently turn in games of 15/10, 5, I'm sure the coach would be happy with kind of production from her as a first year player. We know what she is capable of around the basket. What she did in this game despite a 6'9" human fly swatter lurking about seeking whom she may devour was very impressive. The key to her offensive prowess this season is her confidence in her mid-range jumper. She'll have more open mid-range jumpers this season than clear lanes to the basket.

Many posters predicted years ago that if Gabby could develop a 10-15 foot jumper that she could hit consistently, UConn would be very hard to beat. It would also open up things for Collier under the basket. Gabby has got be be exited about her breakout, and the damage she can possible do. Let's see what she does in their next game tomorrow against the Sparks in Los Angeles. I would love to see her score a BIG double-double.............and maybe the beginning of a pattern. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
I especially liked the couple of pull-up jumpers she hit, not part of her repertoire during her college years. That option really puts heat on her defender and makes her stop-and-go/hesitation drive still more effective.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I especially liked the couple of pull-up jumpers she hit, not part of her repertoire during her college years. That option really puts heat on her defender and makes her stop-and-go/hesitation drive still more effective.
So true. The pull up in transition especially. If that becomes a consistent part of her repertoire it would just make her impossible to stop offensively.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby shot 2 jumpers over Griner and beat Brit to the hoop 3 times for layups. Yeah, Gabby is undersized, but she can score on anyone if she can score on Griner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom