GA Tech to hire Nell Fortner | The Boneyard

GA Tech to hire Nell Fortner

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Blake DuDonis was also first with the Carolyn Kieger to PSU news. So you can probably take this to the bank.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Wow. Interesting. I'm not going to lie, fine with no longer having to listen to her in the commentator's booth. The more Lobo and Lawson, the better, as far as I'm concerned. Now could ESPN get Chiney to cover women's hoops in addition to the NBA? She'd be a fun pairing with those two.

Reaction Score
Whoa. Another retread. She's 60 yrs old. She was at Auburn for 8 years and made the tourney twice. She coached Indiana Fever for 3 years and they missed the playoffs twice.

Not an imaginative hire IMO.

Reaction Score
Wonder if the rumors of Gail G being interested in a job are still possible.

Reaction Score
Wow. She hasn't coached in 7 years. Being an analyst she's had to keep up with the changes in the game but will she be able to connect with the players after being away so long??? It's a very different player climate these days...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This hire must be designed to make the Lady Vol fans feel better about Harper.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
zn0gfl0f2gxa3ujhkken.png

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If a "returning coach" such as Nell Fortner is coming back to the races, it sure would help if you had a lot of good players who could help you get back up to speed. And right now, four of GT's best -- Elizabeth Balogun, Elizabeth Dixon, Kierra Fletcher and Francesa Pan -- are all in the "transfer portal," with only Pan saying she'd consider coming back to GT (she only has one year of eligibility and is not a grad transfer).
However, the other three are keystones for that program. If Nell hasn't picked up the phone or visited their dorm rooms yet, she should make a point of it. Pronto.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Blake DuDonis was also first with the Carolyn Kieger to PSU news. So you can probably take this to the bank.

WOW, a 6 year gap between jobs. She's ready to get back into coaching. She probably had enough of being retired, and longed to get back into patrolling the sidelines, and building a program. Good luck Nell. :)

I wonder if Andy Landers' phone has rung since he decided to hang up his whistle and clipboard 4 years ago?, and would he answer it if it did? :oops:

Reaction Score
I imagine this wasn't the most attractive job given the lawsuits and accusations around Coach Joseph's departure.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Where’s the Michael Jackson meme of him eating popcorn...this will be great theatre to watch her. She had 1 winning year in the SEC out of 8. She won it that 1 year and then never finished higher than 5th. Now she’s in the ACC which is considerably harder. I just don’t get it...

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Lordy. I hope WCBB is not moving in the direction of th eNFL, NBA, NCAAF, and MCBB, where there's an endless loop of retreads and has-beens, and it takes the upcoming talent forever, if ever, to get a chance. It's like the begging of MJ Fox, Secret of My Success where he laments, how can I get experience if no one takes a chance on me and I cannot get a job. I get that these are all cautious business models where there's a lot of money thrown around to win now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom