FWIW | The Boneyard

FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Currently watching Tennessee dismantle Iowa, I can't help but think that even when Coach Bob gets his team together the way he wants, we are looking at a future UCONN type team in Iowa. We are going to get killed.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Let's fire him and hire Tennessee's OC. Should nip that problem in the bud.

Reaction Score
Currently watching Tennessee dismantle Iowa, I can't help but think that even when Coach Bob gets his team together the way he wants, we are looking at a future UCONN type team in Iowa. We are going to get killed.
Watching the blazing speed and talent of the Sugar Bowl last night, I was thinking we will NEVER get to that level. We might get to an important bowl again, but I don't think we'll ever be competitive at that high level. It's just not in the genes of northeastern college football anymore, it's not just a UCONN thing.

Reaction Score
Watching the blazing speed and talent of the Sugar Bowl last night, I was thinking we will NEVER get to that level. We might get to an important bowl again, but I don't think we'll ever be competitive at that high level. It's just not in the genes of northeastern college football anymore, it's not just a UCONN thing.
Global warming will change that, it may take some time though.

Reaction Score
I beg to differ. I think we'll have our own Phil Knight one day.

Reaction Score

Every time I say something to that effect, my father reminds me that many said the same thing about our BBall program and Jim Calhoun 30 years or so ago.

I know football is a different animal, but our BBall program was so damn awful back then that it seemed like nuking it was a better option than trying to improve it....and look where we are now.

It can happen. UCONN is a fantastic school, and has top notch athletic programs all over the place. I will remain hopeful.

Reaction Score
The weather is nothing but an excuse dredged up by old losers. Cuse has a dome and what has that done for them? Minnesota played in a dome for years. Ohio State plays outdoors and in the NC Game next week. It's about the players, the coaches and the mindset of scoring points. That's what we need, and really good blocking!

Reaction Score

Think Wisconsin, not Iowa. Iowa is on the downslide.

There is no reason that a UConn team with a very good O-Line, some good RBs, a decent QB, and a good defense could not compete/beat most FBS schools. We saw that with Edsall. We just needed the next coach after Edsall to take it to the next level. Unfortunately we hired PP and he took us a few steps back.

Reaction Score
Energy Vampire

Reaction Score
I agree. When we get our act together our ceiling will be an Iowa type team. That's not a bad ceiling

Reaction Score
Iowa beat a Saban coached LSU team in 2004. Ferentz was in charge then too.

Reaction Score
Edsall realized he needed a change in philosophy on offense when he brought in Moorhead and always talked about the need for speed to catch up to the leaders in the Big East at the time. Moorhead tried to get us to up the tempo. It puts more pressure on the players to remember the plays and assignments and I remember the O-line was skeptical at first. We still have no idea what to expect from this staff on offense. The new hires in the AAC being offense guru's are going to put pressure on our staff to know their , teach it well or be embarrassed playing 1950's FB in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom