FWIW, I think UConn will be fine | The Boneyard

FWIW, I think UConn will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look, I am not going to come here and act like I have liked UConn much over the past 25 years, but there is no way I cannot acknowledge incredible effort, dedication and passion that UConn and the state of Connecticut has put into building some of the best basketball programs in the country.

You guys have come too far to step back now. College basketball is too loved by too many people to let it get kicked to the curb by the monster that has been created with Football. Hopefully this step by the Catholics is the first of many where people begin to put basketball first, improve the product and make it just as lucrative from a television perspective as football. Hopefully the powers at UConn and the other FBS schools that are basketball first and football second figure out how to make a conference that plays football, but puts basketball in the drivers seat. If any school can do it, I am sure UConn can. Did you guys think you could win 10 national titles over the last 20 years 20 years ago? Probably not, but you did......

I am a Providence Friar, my life revolves around PC, it's my passion, my family and my home. Starting with the PC NIT chants in 1990 at the Civic Center, I've hated UConn more than any other school in the country. I'm sure most of you look at PC as some tired old gnat that just pisses you off, but I don't think the games between the two programs have EVER been boring. That hate towards you was born of respect for what you have accomplished and hopefully what you will accomplish in the future. I hope UConn comes out of this stronger and better than before and college basketball does also.

Go Friars!!!!

Reaction Score
Honestly--I really do hope that PC and the catholics survive and do well. I hate playing PC, mostly because you always find some duck*ing way to make it a game.

Good luck. I am going to really miss the BE.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Thanks.

If it's any consolation, Providence is much further down on the list of places I would like to see burned down than they used to be.

This a million times. The difference between our dislike towards a competitor and some other schools (aka Syracuse) is we prefer to do our winning on the court (which admittedly is often lacking against PC), not in a back-room.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Thanks for the post. Whatever happens, as much as I hate when you guys beat us, I hope we maintain a relationship with Providence.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I hope you guys are successful in your venture. Hope you have a viable athletic department. Good luck to you in everything.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see UConn continue to play Providence as well.

Sorry to be the gloomy one here, but the ACC is about to unleash some hurt on people's basketball dreams.

Stay relevant, my friends.

Reaction Score
And as much as I wish them good luck. I hope they realize, that their days of being parasites are over. They will actually have to get it done on their own soon.

Reaction Score
This thread feels like UConn is having an open casket viewing at the Storrs funeral parlor and the little brother just stepped in.
Not the little brother, but the older uncle that was extremely successful and hasn't done much lately while his nephew has been wildly successful for the past 20 years.

Reaction Score
Not the little brother, but the older uncle that was extremely successful and hasn't done much lately while his nephew has been wildly successful for the past 20 years.

25 years. Time flies.

Reaction Score
At least now we know Villanova won't be upgrading in football.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
At least you guys have been couteous enough to be up front about bailing on us.

A true definition of a friend is someone that stabs you in the front...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom