Future Scheduling Nugget | The Boneyard

Future Scheduling Nugget

Reaction Score
Benedict also said he was working on a future deal that would have UConn playing a basketball game on a Friday and a football game the next day in New York in a discussion that referenced Madison Square Garden and Yankee Stadium. UConn played Army at Yankee Stadium in 2014.

Reaction Score
That would be pretty sweet. Would like to see a WBB/MBB double header (does Fox do a "Gameday?") with Baylor/Stanford/ND/Oregon in the future as well

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
6:00 pm Friday UConn-ND WBB
9:00 pm Friday UConn-ND MBB
Noon Saturday UConn-ND MHOC
7:00 pm Saturday UConn-ND CFB

Make it happen Dave.
Contract it for home & away, flip the MHOC & CFB start times and put the bball on Sunday. I would plan a weekend in South Bend every other year & one in Hartford for this

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Contract it for home & away, flip the MHOC & CFB start times and put the bball on Sunday. I would plan a weekend in South Bend every other year & one in Hartford for this

Notre Dame football isn't coming to Hartford, unfortunately

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Duke, Michigan State and Syracuse would be three good options if this falls through with ND.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Duke, Michigan State and Syracuse would be three good options if this falls through with ND.
I believe there was a quote tossed in that was a program who would “never come to CT.” Cuse and Duke have both the played football in CT and will in will in the future. Oddly we’ve never actually had a h/h in hoop with Duke so that’s a possibility. MSU is interesting.

Here’s a thought: is this finally our Tennessee series?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I believe there was a quote tossed in that was a program who would “never come to CT.” Cuse and Duke have both the played football in CT and will in will in the future. Oddly we’ve never actually had a h/h in hoop with Duke so that’s a possibility. MSU is interesting.

Tennessee series canceled - turned into a buy-game. I believe we're at Tenn in 2026.

But I would think it's going to to be name program.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
6:00 pm Friday UConn-ND WBB
9:00 pm Friday UConn-ND MBB
Noon Saturday UConn-ND MHOC
7:00 pm Saturday UConn-ND CFB

Make it happen Dave.
My liver just quivered.....I’m in!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just think if UConn had kept the series with Notre Dame when they were talking a ten game series but people had a fit they wanted to play in Foxboro or NYC for our home games. Who wouldn't take that now, I know I would.
Yankees stadium playing Notre Dame would be awesome

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The idea was for NYC at Yankee Stadium.
Correct. The poster I responded to was asking for a H/H to include football games at the Rent, which will never happen.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Living in TN now, I'd be all about a basketball + football H/H series with UT

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Benedict also said he was working on a future deal that would have UConn playing a basketball game on a Friday and a football game the next day in New York in a discussion that referenced Madison Square Garden and Yankee Stadium. UConn played Army at Yankee Stadium in 2014.

Saw a tweet where Notre Dame was referenced, including women's game, and it quoted Dave B as saying "that discussion may have already occurred". But now I can't find it.

Reaction Score
Is this the tweet?

That quote could mean different things.

1). The conversation took place with Notre Dame.
2). The conversation took place among people in UConn's athletic department only.
3). The conversation never took place anywhere.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That quote could mean different things.

1). The conversation took place with Notre Dame.
2). The conversation took place among people in UConn's athletic department only.
3). The conversation never took place anywhere.

Yeah, but realistically, would Dave answer that way if it was #3? No. He'd say something like: "that's an interesting idea, perhaps we will look into that". So either UConn has been talking about it internally or they have been with Notre Dame.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom