• Join Big East and drop to FCS for football

Votes: 15 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Most of us have argued for awhile about the future of the athletic department. I want to quantify the opinions.

Reaction Score
Agree with Hoop...that contract got to be more than 10mil per year or I would join Big East and independent for football. I know SNY would buy our home package for football easily.

pj

Reaction Score
Big East for most sports, AAC for football only.

Some say the AAC wouldn't accept UConn football only, but UConn is one of the few flagship state schools available. The AAC's marginal football programs (ECU, Tulsa, Tulane) all bring less value than UConn football, and so would any replacement for UConn football.

Reaction Score
Let’s get creative and combine the Big East and AAC. Let’s do what the original Big East couldn’t, let’s get football and hoops to coexist. All conferences going to twenty games now for hoops so we can make divisions and make it work.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Let’s get creative and combine the Big East and AAC. Let’s do what the original Big East couldn’t, let’s get football and hoops to coexist. All conferences going to twenty games now for hoops so we can make divisions and make it work.

That's exactly what killed the conference in the first place. It was always ultimately doomed to fail.

Reaction Score
Uconn fball is absolutely dreadful. It would make sense to drop football and just look for a way back to the Big East but I guess those minimum chances and hopes of getting an ACC or B10 invite apprently still exist and as a result, football rolls on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's amazing to me that people see some vast difference between the AAC and the Big East right now.

Here's what the AAC has at the moment.
1. Three ranked football teams.
2. Two ranked basketball teams (6 and 12)
3. The new NCAA champion field hockey team

Here's what the Big East has.
1. No football
2. Three ranked basketball teams (7, 15 and 24)

Please explain to me the magic of the NBE? If UConn beats Oregon, we'll be in the getting votes category. If we beat MSU we will be ranked. Take care of business and you don't need to worry about the league.

Reaction Score
Patience. UConn needs to win in the AAC to prove it is too good for the conference.

B1G or ACC is the ultimate goal that we can all agree on. Big East is gone. Football needs to thrive for UConn. May not see another conference realignment until the CFP expands to 8 or 16 teams. Patience!

Reaction Score
Yeah, I dont think its about athletics with Rutgers and BC getting into the P5. Money drives everything, which we lead the "GO5" in. Being good at the sport helps, but not the leading factor. Fans need to show up to every game no matter how good or bad they are, get the school money.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's amazing to me that people see some vast difference between the AAC and the Big East right now.

Here's what the AAC has at the moment.
1. Three ranked football teams.
2. Two ranked basketball teams (6 and 12)
3. The new NCAA champion field hockey team

Here's what the Big East has.
1. No football
2. Three ranked basketball teams (7, 15 and 24)

Please explain to me the magic of the NBE? If UConn beats Oregon, we'll be in the getting votes category. If we beat MSU we will be ranked. Take care of business and you don't need to worry about the league.
Technically the Big East has the current field hockey national champions.

That said, I am in full agreement with your position.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Technically the Big East has the current field hockey national champions.

That said, I am in full agreement with your position.

LOL. I totally forgot that. The American has the WBB champs at least.

Reaction Score
Just spitballing here, but hey let's be creative:

Can UConn convince the top basketball brands to split off from the AAC and form their own basketball-only conference?

It would be:

UConn
UC
Witchita State
SMU
Memphis
Temple

Then invite VCU and Dayton.

You would think the AAC would allow those schools to keep football, right?

You'd get the best of the basketball conference while cutting off the dead weight.

Reaction Score
Um, that would be the SEC.
the comments on this posting have convinced me that our move is to stay in the AAC until the next round of realigment and TV contracts come due.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Just spitballing here, but hey let's be creative:

Can UConn convince the top basketball brands to split off from the AAC and form their own basketball-only conference?

It would be:

UConn
UC
Witchita State
SMU
Memphis
Temple

Then invite VCU and Dayton.

You would think the AAC would allow those schools to keep football, right?

You'd get the best of the basketball conference while cutting off the dead weight.

The AAC wouldn't allow that many teams to turf only their football programs in the conference, and it would kill the conference in BB. I doubt they would allow even one school to do that. So you'd have a BB conference that would only attract Big East/A10 money or less, plus you have to play your other Olympic sports in some conference, so they would have to be included. Financially it wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom