Jalen Adams--5 star recruit
Terry Larrier---5 star recruit
Durham----5 Star recruit when healthy
Brown---5 Star recruit

Bench
Jackson-4 star and rising
Diarria-4 star and rising
Enoch-4 star

We are one guard away from being a complete team. Preferably a tall guard 6'3-6-5 who can play elite defense and make threes.

Reaction Score
Really excited about our future. In 2017 we will have a line up of

Alterique gilbert---5 star recruit
Brown---5 Star recruit

Bench
Enoch-4 star

We are one guard away from being a complete team. Preferably a tall guard 6'3-6-5 who can play elite defense and make threes.

You don't think DHam will get any time his senior year? :oops:

Reaction Score
Didn't realize how many scholarships we have left to fill for 2017

Reaction Score
I like your enthusiasm, and sorry to be a wet blanket, but Gilbert and Larrier are consensus 4* recruits, Jackson is a 4* but has actually dropped in all the recent updated rankings, and I wouldn't be surprised if Brown ends up being a consensus 4* recruit - he's been slowly dropping down in the rankings.

This will still be a really talented team, but I just wanted to address the misconception that UConn would have a starting lineup of only 5* players.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You don't think DHam will get any time his senior year? :oops:

Hopefully he's assuming he's gone to the NBA by then. He should be, if he gets his head right.

Reaction Score

Brown---5 Star recruit

Bench
Enoch-4 star

You are starting a 3 rd year Enoch over Brown? Both players are the same size and Enoch already has decent offense, by then he's defending hopefully. If Brown was Diamond Stone maybe, but do we expect him to be that dominant out of the box?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You are starting a 3 rd year Enoch over Brown? Both players are the same size and Enoch already has decent offense, by then he's defending hopefully. If Brown was Diamond Stone maybe, but do we expect him to be that dominant out of the box?
Yes.

Reaction Score

Brown---5 Star recruit

Bench
Enoch-4 star

Look, there is absolutely no certainty to any of that. It looks nice, it might happen. But 2017 is so far away, it is just speculation at this point. Who knows who gets hurt, who gets better, who disappoints, who changes their mind, who leaves school and on and on.

What is real is that Ollie has been absolutely crushing it. Just remarkable.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't. He'll need time to improve his strength, quickness and coordination, not to mention his reading of the game. Like Enoch he came to the sport a little late so he doesn't have the kind of savvy that anchors teams.

If things go perfectly with our recruiting and everybody but DHam stays, this is the 2017-18 lineup:

PG: Adams (Jr)
PG: Gilbert (So)
SF: Larrier (Jr)
PF: Durham (So)
C: Enoch (Jr)

Bench:
PG: MAL (Fr)
SG: Diallo (Fr)
SF: Jackson (So)
PF: Diarra (So)
PF: William (Fr)
C: Brown (Fr)

Personally I'd like to see us pick up a pure shooter for the backcourt, since JA, AG, MAL, Larrier and Hamidou are all more "scorer" than "shooter." I'd be surprised if Ollie isn't thinking the same way.

Reaction Score
I like that Harvey looks like a shooter, think we need to transition in some solid jump shooters with Vance Jackson.

Reaction Score
I like that Harvey looks like a shooter, think we need to transition in some solid jump shooters with Vance Jackson.
More than just jump-shooters, we need guys who really understand how to play off the ball and use screens. I don't care if the kid can't dribble or pass or rebound at all, and don't care if he has no NBA future. I just want somebody who moves.

If you look at the guys on the current roster, everybody's way more comfortable shooting off the dribble or on kick-outs. That's great, but it's very linear and easier to defend against. Run a mini-Rashad off of 4 screens in 5 seconds, though, and you can give a defense nightmares.

We need that more than we need another 5-star talent (I'd take either/both, of course) if we want the offense to start functioning at a high level again.

Reaction Score
More than just jump-shooters, we need guys who really understand how to play off the ball and use screens. I don't care if the kid can't dribble or pass or rebound at all, and don't care if he has no NBA future. I just want somebody who moves.

If you look at the guys on the current roster, everybody's way more comfortable shooting off the dribble or on kick-outs. That's great, but it's very linear and easier to defend against. Run a mini-Rashad off of 4 screens in 5 seconds, though, and you can give a defense nightmares.

We need that more than we need another 5-star talent (I'd take either/both, of course) if we want the offense to start functioning at a high level again.

So true in so many ways too. How many guys crash the offensive boards after reading a guy like Shonn is ready to take a turn around? I mean the reality is ini the past 2-3 games I've seen him back his guy down and miss a shot and NO ONE is anywhere near the lane and all are closer to the 3 pt line waiting and standing. We have issues there. Speaking of offensive rebounding, SMU runs their offense so guys are in the lane when the shot is taken and they go after it - they scare the hell out of me vs our guys.

Going back to your original though though you are correct, no Rip's or even close on this roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom