Future H/H series w/ Buffalo down the road (2024/2025 & 2028/2029)? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Future H/H series w/ Buffalo down the road (2024/2025 & 2028/2029)?

Reaction Score
Agreed.

What is most important to P5 programs: winning or cash? It is obviously cash. This regional conference would provide winning and drive-able road games to just about all members. How much cash it could garner is what makes it interesting. It weakens the ACC, Big 12 and the B1G (somewhat) and provides a very strong Northeast conference.

No startup conference like the one proposed in this thread would make a fraction of a P5 conference. It will never happen.

I can absolutely see a regional football conference but it would be with G5 retreads.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Many will disagree but this is an unnatural rivalry game IMO.
Both teams started D-1 around the same time, played games before and even met in a bowl game. We poached their AD. Like it or not, that's a common history.

Reaction Score
I was just looking at what is happening at Liberty U, a fellow independent. Forget about what you think about the university. The football program just won its first bowl game and upgraded its on campus football stadium to 25k and built a new indoor practice facility.

1577726935927.png

Reaction Score
No startup conference like the one proposed in this thread would make a fraction of a P5 conference. It will never happen.

I can absolutely see a regional football conference but it would be with G5 retreads.
Nothing changes until it does.
Everything is fluid and nobody has been really ahead of the curve until the moment it happens. Then everything is very obvious.

I'm inclined to agree that under today's power structure, BC, Syracuse, Rutgers and even Pitt are safe in the P5 bubble until they aren't.

It's not a coincidence that the only 3 schools to lose BCS designation are from the BE and were the last to join that elite status. That's the current line in the sand. At some point that line will be moved. When that happens, schools that have questionable value to their league should be nervous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought that was pretty clear. He signed into BY for sports first. Cesspool second. Even though he seems to be drowning over there.
I was trying to facetious and didn't get the right tone. I think he's Cesspool first and only.

Reaction Score
May seem unnatural but Buffalo will smoke us on the field. They figured how to become competitive in basketball and football.

That's what happens when you have a "rock star" AD who builds the strong foundation needed to be successful.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Again...I know the opponents seem random....and these aren't rivalry games, but playing teams like Utah St is intriguing to me. Of course the majority of the schedule has to be local, but mixing in West coast teams is interesting.

Reaction Score
No word yet on any solid dates for UConn v Buffalo?

Reaction Score
Again...I know the opponents seem random....and these aren't rivalry games, but playing teams like Utah St is intriguing to me. Of course the majority of the schedule has to be local, but mixing in West coast teams is interesting.

But, but, but, travel costs!!!

Reaction Score

LOL at calling Utah State a "West Coast team."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hopefully the next announcement has games in MD/VA/PA and FL/GA. Need to get games in our recruiting areas. TX is fine too. Don't @ me with travel costs stuff.

Reaction Score
I can't find the part of the press release where it says 20+ UConn teams will be traveling to Utah.

I really thought putting three butts in there would imply sarcasm. Don't know if it's a woosh or a wiff...

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
LOL at calling Utah State a "West Coast team."
You certainly like being a tool, don't you? I was referring to adding San Jose St and Utah St...to me those are west coast teams. Notice I used plural.

But I am glad you could "LOL". Looks like you could use it.

Reaction Score
You certainly like being a tool, don't you? I was referring to adding San Jose St and Utah St...to me those are west coast teams. Notice I used plural.

But I am glad you could "LOL". Looks like you could use it.

I didn't call you a name. I found it funny. But if you want to play ....

It looks like Logan, Utah is approximately 900 miles from the Pacific Ocean. By way of comparison, that's about 100 miles further than Chicago is from the Atlantic Ocean. So unless you're going to tell me that it would make sense to refer to Northwestern and Rutgers as "east coast teams," your statement is just dead wrong. I pointed it out laughing, as opposed to being more aggressive about it.

But yeah, that's on me, because Northwestern being an "east coast team" is a matter of opinion.

See, sometimes it's just easier to laugh at yourself or admit a mistake. Although I guess if you're a moyel, admitting mistakes is dangerous. (So to be clear, that is a joke also.)

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

It looks like Logan, Utah is approximately 900 miles from the Pacific Ocean. By way of comparison, that's about 100 miles further than Chicago is from the Atlantic Ocean. So unless you're going to tell me that it would make sense to refer to Northwestern and Rutgers as "east coast teams," your statement is just dead wrong. I pointed it out laughing, as opposed to being more aggressive about it.

But yeah, that's on me, because Northwestern being an "east coast team" is a matter of opinion.

See, sometimes it's just easier to laugh at yourself or admit a mistake. Although I guess if you're a moyel, admitting mistakes is dangerous. (So to be clear, that is a joke also.)

I probably should have said Western teams....meaning teams that UConn usually doesn't play that far out west. I can't think of a game ....except maybe the fiesta bowl (which is about as far west as Utah)...where UConn went as far west as Utah St. And again...I was thinking of San Jose St also. I noticed you didn't Google and list the distance to San Jose. Or is that not far west enough either?

I apologize for not appropriately communicating what I meant to say. But you're still a tool for calling it out.

Reaction Score
I was just looking at what is happening at Liberty U, a fellow independent. Forget about what you think about the university. The football program just won its first bowl game and upgraded its on campus football stadium to 25k and built a new indoor practice facility.

View attachment 49514

Amen

Reaction Score
Being Independent we are now barnstormers. I like the teams that are being put on the schedule. It adds to the experiences for the players. The coaches can use this as a recruiting advantage for players that don't want to sit on the bench at P-5 schools.

Reaction Score

Maybe saying “Coast” with it isn’t appropriate, but Utah is clearly defined as a Western state

Attachments

• 8B8923B6-4256-471D-A659-AD57294F3C41.jpeg
    8B8923B6-4256-471D-A659-AD57294F3C41.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 161

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
You want to defend a statement he didn't make and i didn't criticize? Great
As I said...sorry... shouldn't have said West coast...just Western. Utah State is over 2000 miles west from UConn... seems west to me.

But also...u really need to take it down a notch. It's just a UConn football board. Not everything is a billable argument that you need to win. Unclench a little...it's good for you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom