Future H/H series w/ Buffalo down the road (2024/2025 & 2028/2029)? | The Boneyard

Future H/H series w/ Buffalo down the road (2024/2025 & 2028/2029)?

Reaction Score

>>Buffalo and UConn have discussed playing a four-game, home-and-home football series, FBSchedules.com has learned.

The two schools drew up a contract for the four games, but it has yet to be signed by either school. If the contract is executed and unchanged, the two schools will play in Storrs on Sept. 28, 2024 and Sept. 23, 2028 and in Buffalo on Sept. 27, 2025 and Sept. 15, 2029.<<

Reaction Score
I'd love a FB only conference with the likes of UConn, Buffalo, Temple, Army, Navy, and UMass as the nucleus. How many other teams are needed for a conference?

Reaction Score
I'd love a FB only conference with the likes of UConn, Buffalo, Temple, Army, Navy, and UMass as the nucleus. How many other teams are needed for a conference?

You would have to add Liberty, JMU and Old Domunion? That's 9 maybe go with 8. Rather stay independent. Have scheduling priorities with this group.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You would have to add Liberty, JMU and Old Domunion? That's 9 maybe go with 8. Rather stay independent. Have scheduling priorities with this group.

Please stop. The only way that is a viable home for UConn is if you add Penn State, BC, Syracuse and Pitt.

Reaction Score
We need as many H/H with regional FBS programs as we can get each year. That increases the gate, has the potential to build rivalries and, in general, creates more interest. I think Syracuse, BC, Rutgers, Army, Navy, Buffalo, Temple and UMass all make for great match-ups.

Reaction Score
We need as many H/H with regional FBS programs as we can get each year. That increases the gate, has the potential to build rivalries and, in general, creates more interest. I think Syracuse, BC, Rutgers, Army, Navy, Buffalo, Temple and UMass all make for great match-ups.
Throw in Penn State and we got a conference. Is it too late??

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
May seem unnatural but Buffalo will smoke us on the field. They figured how to become competitive in basketball and football.

Reaction Score
Just not late in the year in Buffalo!

If it is late in the year in Buffalo you are into MACtion territory. 7 pm on a Tuesday night in a series of driving snow squalls with maybe 3,000 in the stands.

Edit: Not that I am expecting November games.

Reaction Score
Look, the former Big East football programs aren't doing so well in their new homes. How about some Conference REALignment.

UConn, UMass, Syracuse, Rutgers
Penn St, Pitt, WVU, Temple
Va Tech, Maryland, Navy, Army

The conference would be wide open, and Penn State could actually think about going undefeated once in a while. Consider Buffalo or NC State. Shake things up.

Reaction Score
Look, the former Big East football programs aren't doing so well in their new homes. How about some Conference REALignment.

The conference would be wide open, and Penn State could actually think about going undefeated once in a while. Consider Buffalo or NC State. Shake things up.
As much as I would love to see it, it has as much of a chance to happen as Maine moving it's football team to the Southeast Conference...

Reaction Score

Noooooo school in the P5 is leaving. GORs have ensured that. Only the SEC doesn't have one and who is walking away from all that cash? For that same reason, pretty much every school not already in a P5 league is assed out under the current model. UConn included. That's why I'd favor a more regional FB only conference of FBS schools rather than what the American was.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Pondering how to get excited about a series that I have to live to be 90,to see.

Reaction Score
Noooooo school in the P5 is leaving. GORs have ensured that. Only the SEC doesn't have one and who is walking away from all that cash? For that same reason, pretty much every school not already in a P5 league is assed out under the current model. UConn included. That's why I'd favor a more regional FB only conference of FBS schools rather than what the American was.
Looking at UConn's schedule over the next few years, I think Independence is much better than the AAC. Quite a few B1G and ACC teams scheduled along with other regional games.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Under no circumstances does Buffalo increase the gate.

Reaction Score
Agreed.

What is most important to P5 programs: winning or cash? It is obviously cash. This regional conference would provide winning and drive-able road games to just about all members. How much cash it could garner is what makes it interesting. It weakens the ACC, Big 12 and the B1G (somewhat) and provides a very strong Northeast conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom