Future Fun and Attendance | The Boneyard

Future Fun and Attendance

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I never before had any interest in following players during their high school careers, but I am captivated by Bueckers. I mentioned elsewhere that she represents more than the promise of winning and greatness; she represents the promise of fun. Now I see a quote from Auriemma also associating Bueckers with fun, so it's not just wishful thinking.

Us Husky fans are used to winning and greatness, one reason (along with high ticket prices and other factors) that attendance is not what it was at its zenith. We do not always witness the fun that Bueckers infuses into the game. I predict that attendance will go up during the Bueckers years.

I know there is two things wrong with this post right now. It seems I am placing unfair expectations on Bueckers (though I'm not saying she will be greater than anyone else, just more entertaining to watch). I am also bringing up the future when there is plenty to enjoy in the present. Yet this really is the first time I am so captivated by a high school player and I just can't help myself.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A lot of us were excited when Stewart and before her Moore were coming. We had heard a lot about them, even back then while they were in HS.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I never before had any interest in following players during their high school careers, but I am captivated by Bueckers. I mentioned elsewhere that she represents more than the promise of winning and greatness; she represents the promise of fun. Now I see a quote from Auriemma also associating Bueckers with fun, so it's not just wishful thinking.

Us Husky fans are used to winning and greatness, one reason (along with high ticket prices and other factors) that attendance is not what it was at its zenith. We do not always witness the fun that Bueckers infuses into the game. I predict that attendance will go up during the Bueckers years.

I know there is two things wrong with this post right now. It seems I am placing unfair expectations on Bueckers (though I'm not saying she will be greater than anyone else, just more entertaining to watch). I am also bringing up the future when there is plenty to enjoy in the present. Yet this really is the first time I am so captivated by a high school player and I just can't help myself.

Welcome to the club diggerfoot. Being a UConn wbb fan can become addictive, just like the boneyard. :confused:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have watched every game available that Paige has played in since I saw that she was coming to UConn and that almost everyone was saying she is the next DT. You can see the vast improvement in her game from when she was playing as an eighth grader to now. I believe that Paige will end up as the all time assists leader, in the top 10 in scoring, and have at least 3 AA seasons and at least two NPOY's when she leaves UConn. I also believe that there is a chance that her class may end up with 4 NC and a new undefeated record streak. That is how good I think this young lady will be, and I look forward to watching her while she entertains the UConn faithful.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
A lot of us were excited when Stewart and before her Moore were coming. We had heard a lot about them, even back then while they were in HS.
To clarify, I get excited about extraordinary talent coming to UConn as well; while anyone who visits the BY regularly cannot help but hear a lot about them. I also have seen clips of Moore's athleticism; Taurasi's clutch shooting and Stewart's unstoppability while they were in high school, but being high school clips they just did not interest me much. Yet I'm drawn to clips of Bueckers like moth to flame, not because of her athleticism or skill, she may not even be clutch like Taurasi for all I know. However, she is damn entertaining, which is why I think attendance will increase during her years at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom