Future aPR Question (SORRY!) | The Boneyard

Future aPR Question (SORRY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry to bring this topic up. I have been thinking recently about the good news of the score from the NC year, and the nice upward trend the Huskies have shown in the aPR. BUT, with the transfers of AO, Roscoe, and MB, are we going to have poor score for this past year? I know midseason transfers have to have a certain GPA to not hurt the retention point, is this true for transfers following the season? I know AO seemed to have taken his studies very serious as indicated by his GPA over the years. Does anyone have any idea if Roscoe or Bradley are similiar situations?

This could end up being a vicuous cycle if these transfers end up hurting the aPR and every few years a postseason ban occurs as a result of a mass exodus from players leaving the program due to the bans "intended" to help academics.

Reaction Score
All indications are that the 2012 score will be in the same ballpark as the 2011 score, which was 978. Both semesters count equally and we got a perfect 1,000 in the first semester. Transfers need a 2.6 GPA or better. Oriakhi almost certainly won't cost us a point. Even if we lose 1 point each for Roscoe and Bradley (and I have no idea if we will), we'll still be fine.

Reaction Score
All indications are that the 2012 score will be in the same ballpark as the 2011 score, which was 978. Both semesters count equally and we got a perfect 1,000 in the first semester. Transfers need a 2.6 GPA or better. Oriakhi almost certainly won't cost us a point. Even if we lose 1 point each for Roscoe and Bradley (and I have no idea if we will), we'll still be fine.

Even if Oriakhi didn't get a 2.6, his transfer would not be counted against UConn in the event it's discovered that a Missouri booster paid Oriakhi, thereby ending Oriakhi's amateur status, making him a pro!

caw

Reaction Score
Even if Oriakhi didn't get a 2.6, his transfer would not be counted against UConn in the event it's discovered that a Missouri booster paid Oriakhi, thereby ending Oriakhi's amateur status, making him a pro!

Huh?

caw

Reaction Score
There is no 2.6 GPA threshold for players who go pro. Only for transfers.

That was not the reason for the "huh", I probably should have been clearer. It was about the booster. Should I assume you were being hypothetical?

Reaction Score
That was not the reason for the "huh", I probably should have been clearer. It was about the booster. Should I assume you were being hypothetical?

Just being sarcastic.

Reaction Score
Bradley had a 3.5 GPA last semester, which is pretty impressive considering he was probably enrolled in the toughest classes on the whole team by a good margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom