Future AAC schedules released | The Boneyard

Future AAC schedules released

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not sure I understand a) that we play Tulane a second time before we play Tulsa for the first time or b) why Tulane is again the home team but a trip to New Orleans (if it can be worked out) is always a plus!

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand a) that we play Tulane a second time before we play Tulsa for the first time or b) why Tulane is again the home team but a trip to New Orleans (if it can be worked out) is always a plus!
We actually play Tulane twice more before we play Tulsa - once at home and once on the road. It's an oddity in the schedule. But 2015 starts a new rotation, where we play half of the West division home and home over two years, then the other half home and home over two years. It just so happens that Tulane is in the first half and Tulsa is in the second half. It would be hard to make it perfect for everyone. You could move Tulsa into the first half and switch them with Tulane, but that would probably cause the same for someone else. Barring further realignment, we're in a stable rotation starting in 2015. The transition years were just weird but there's nothing they can do about that.

Looking at the full composite on the AAC's website, it appears that all the teams in the East Division travel to Florida every year and Texas every two years, and the reverse is true for teams in the West Division. That's about the best we could hope for in terms of recruiting in those areas, since anything more would not be feasible mathematically.

Reaction Score
I mean...as far as what our conference home slate could be that is actually really good.

Reaction Score

They do realize we suck right?

Why are we not playing the 2 teams who we may be able to currently beat? SMU and Tulsa.

I love how we always have to play Cincinnati even though they have man handled us, mauled us, and beaten the snot out of us for years. We have never won out there.

For all the talk about our conference, I don't see 6 wins anywhere on those schedules. Show them to me. I don't see them. Are we in any position to win a road game against UCF, Cincy, Temple, BYU, or Missouri? Ha.

This program simply cannot afford to be scheduling 2 road games like Missouri and BYU right now. Simply not good enough to overcome sure fire losses.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Looking at the full composite on the AAC's website, it appears that all the teams in the East Division travel to Florida every year and Texas every two years, and the reverse is true for teams in the West Division.

This is why I think they did a nice job on the scheduling.

That's all we could hope for, really. Get our team exposure every year in Florida, where we have shown for quite some time that we can recruit. And get our team out to Texas every other year. Try to expand our reach. Would I like to have a schedule that gave us SMU and Tulsa? Sure, but only to make the present year slightly easier. If the future is to be built by Diaco, it almost certainly will rely on his highly touted ability to recruit. This schedule puts him in the areas that he needs to be as often as we could hope for...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don't quite understand why we won't play the same teams in 2015 and 2016. We play the same AAC slate in 2015 and 2016 and the same slate in 2017 and 2018. I'm taking this from the Hartford Courant article: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...ll-schedule-rotation-1219-20141218-story.html

2015 Home: East Carolina, Houston, Navy, USF. 2015 Away: UCF, Cincinnati, Temple, Tulane. Does not play: Memphis, SMU, Tulsa

2016 Home: UCF, Cincinnati, Temple, Tulane. 2016 Away: East Carolina, Houston, Navy, USF. Does not play: Memphis, SMU, Tulsa

2017 Home: East Carolina, Memphis, USF, Tulsa 2017 Away: UCF, Cincinnati, SMU, Temple. Does not play: Houston, Navy, Tulane

2018 Home: UCF, Cincinnati, SMU, Temple. 2018 Away: East Carolina, Memphis, USF, Tulsa. Does not play: Houston, Navy, Tulane

I get why we play our division mates but why do the cross over games need to be identical two straight years?? That to me doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
As a Cincy fan I can't wait to play you guys next year. I know that your football team will be vastly improved as Bob Diaco will continue to implement his plan to restore the roar to the Husky football program. UConn always gives Cincy fits especially in Cincinnati so it'll be a rough and tough battle in 2015!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As a Cincy fan I can't wait to play you guys next year. I know that your football team will be vastly improved as Bob Diaco will continue to implement his plan to restore the roar to the Husky football program. UConn always gives Cincy fits especially in Cincinnati so it'll be a rough and tough battle in 2015!

You guys don't know when to stop, huh?

Reaction Score
F. Just win 10 games a year. In this league we need to fret who we play? Maybe Nelson is right.

Reaction Score
F. Just win 10 games a year. In this league we need to fret who we play? Maybe Nelson is right.

It took 102 years from 1896-1998 before we got our first 10 win season. We're into year 17 now, since without another. Let's try to keep expectations to something realistic.

My expectations for 2015 are to actually show up for a game on a Saturday prepared to play against the actual opponent we have on the schedule. That's how far the bar was lowered. I can't even imagine competing for a league title right now, although that SHOULD be the goal every year.

Reaction Score
I don't quite understand why we won't play the same teams in 2015 and 2016. We play the same AAC slate in 2015 and 2016 and the same slate in 2017 and 2018. I'm taking this from the Hartford Courant article: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...ll-schedule-rotation-1219-20141218-story.html

I get why we play our division mates but why do the cross over games need to be identical two straight years?? That to me doesn't make sense.
So we can play them home and away. If they had done it the other way and switched the 2017 matchups with the 2016 matchups, we would have alternated who we were playing in the crossover matchups, but then it would have been harder to make sure we go to Texas every other year instead of two years in a row and then not at all for the next two years. If we rotated the crossover opponents from year to year instead of every two years, it's likely either UConn or someone else in our division would be forced to play at SMU one year, at Houston the next, and then make no trip to Texas for the next two years. Which technically still amounts to Texas every other year on average but isn't as lucrative since you're basically missing a whole recruiting cycle.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This is the best possible conference schedule.

2019 Home: N/A 2019 Away: N/A Does not play: AAC teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall