Fussball 2020/2021 | The Boneyard

Fussball 2020/2021

Reaction Score
It's been and interesting year so far so I figured I would try to start a thread for the first time ever. The 2020/2021 DFB Pokal (German Cup) has some real surprises. Bayern got knocked out by second division Kiel in the 2nd round. Regionalliga Rot-Weiss Essen (4th division) just advanced to the quarter finals by beating Leverkusen in overtime. This week Jahn Regensburg won the third game in row in Elfmeterschiessen (penalty kicks), this time over Köln to advance to the quarter finals for the first time in club history.

In the Bundesliga, unless something drastic happens, Schalke will be relegated to the 2. Bundesliga for the first time in 30 years. Hamburg has a good shot at finally moving back up after 3 years in the second division.

Fürth is not far off having change to move up. Maybe we'll see Julian Green in the top league next year.

Reaction Score
We'll be joining Schalke in the 2nd division next year... But at least we have a pulse. We continue to playe tough against the top teams and soil the bed against our direct competitors. friggin' Mainz...

Reaction Score
The draw for the quarterfinals of the DFB Pokal was held today. There will be at least one non-Bundesliga team advancing to the semifinals, because one match is Rot-Weiss Essen vs. Holstein Kiel (4th division Regionalliga West vs. 2. Bundesliga.) It would be cool to see another Second Bundesliga team, my favorite Jahn Regensburg, also get to the semis by beating Bremen; maybe without having to resort to penalty kicks for the fourth time in row. Jann George often has been a key to Jahn's successes, but disappointingly has not got a call from the US since a U23 camp years ago. He's been able to play as a winger on both right and left and also at forward. Maybe it has been a disadvantage not get established at a particular position. Probably getting too old now (28) to get a look anyway.

Reaction Score
I thought fussball was a table game?
Waquoit, Maybe I should have written it as Fußball to differentiate from foosball. Rechtschreibung still lets us write "ß" instead of "ss" after long vowels. I usually use it after the short vowel "a" to differentiate dass/daß from das, although it takes extra strokes on my keyboard (ALT 0223).

Reaction Score
Aargh, last game Jahn Regensburg beat Paderborn (demoted from the Bundesliga to Second Bundesliga last year) without the head trainer because he had tested positive for the Covid. Other tests were negative. Now all of a sudden others on Jahn have tested positive and the whole team, trainers, other staff are isolating. That postpone Tuesday's DFB Pokal quarterfinal against Werder plus one, and probably two league games. They are having a hard fight over there against the virus also.

Reaction Score
Ugh. Mainz blew a great chance to help themselves in relegation. They did everything right against Schalke except score. :mad: Then Hertha wing in the last minute against Augsburg and Köln and Bielefeld draw. Blown chance...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom