Funniest/weirdest UConn fan story? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Funniest/weirdest UConn fan story?

Reaction Score
During my Junior and Senior years, I played softball during the summer with Murray Williams' two older brothers. One of his brothers had a Halloween party and I went as a flasher and had a three foot "prosthesis". Murray came in a short red dress and a wig. There's a picture somewhere of Murray standing next to me in drag holding a three footer.
Used to see Murray all the time when I was a teenager, he would always play at Forman school for open runs. I pretty much sucked at basketball so when he would run with the good players, a couple other guys played ball in Europe, I would see my way to the other court.

Reaction Score
Not so weird or amazing, but I was walking through a remote rain forest path in Australia, ended up on a bluff overlooking a gorge. Hadn't seen a person in a couple hours, but there was one dude already sitting there. He was wearing a UCONN shirt, and it turns out he was from my home town in CT. Pretty crazy when you think about it.
That's awesome.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That show got pretty bad near the end but Drama was hilarious.

Season 8 was dumb for sure.

But the show on the whole is gold, and yeah Drama was my favorite. Even my wife who thinks a show like entourage is a scourge on society (because of the gratuitous T and A) would watch with me because Drama is the man.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

But the show on the whole is gold, and yeah Drama was my favorite. Even my wife who thinks a show like entourage is a scourge on society (because of the gratuitous T and A) would watch with me because Drama is the man.
Started out loving the show but by the end Drama and Ari (and his assistant) were the only things that made the show watchable.

Never liked Vince.

Reaction Score

Yep, pretty much. The movie might be the worst thing ever though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Started out loving the show but by the end Drama and Ari (and his assistant) were the only things that made the show watchable.

Never liked Vince.

Pretty much all the characters were pretty terrible (save for Ari and Drama) but somehow it worked.

Turtle and E were insufferable characters too.

Billy Walsh was a character I really really liked.

The Joshua tree mushroom episode with Eric Roberts transcends the show itself into (in my mind) a top 50 all time TV episode. The rest of the series was entertaining but never touched that.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
All I remember from Entourage is Ari Gold being the man and Eric's girlfriend was really hot.

Reaction Score
Funny / Awesome:
For the 2011 NC I had a bad few months including the loss of a parent. When UConn beat Kentucky my wife told me I should try to get there. I booked a ticket on United with points and called a few friends whom I knew were there. One guy had an extra hotel room booked, and had bought a few bad seats from Kentucky fans just in case someone (like me) needed them.

I looked at the seats on line, and I'm not sure I would've been able to see the court without optical support. I was supposed to sit by myself so I was in no hurry to get to my seat. I saw a few friends I knew in the high roller seats down by the floor. I was able to get down to talk to them because the ticket guy chased after someone that tried to move down by jumping the seats. Next thing you know the game has started and there are three empty seats where I was located. I was right there with players' family, and important alums. The only part that sucked was I couldn't use the bathroom because they were checking tickets to get into the front area and I didn't want to admit to my new important neighbors that I needed their ticket to get back down because I didn't belong there.

Funny / Drunken / maybe mean:
I went to a UConn v. SJU game with a few friends in the mid 90s. We bought single tickets within a row or so of each other. One of my friends got into it with an SJU fan (alum?) with acid wash jeans (not in fashion in the mid 90s) and a tight sweatshirt. He started yelling at my friend wearing UConn gear about being in enemy territory. My friend said something like "I must be in a sewer then, because you look like a sewer worker" (I would not knock someone's manual labor now, but at the time it was humorous). The guy got up to escalate the situation at which time most of our section started yelling "sewer worker" at him. He realized UConn took over MSG and left.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Pretty much all the characters were pretty terrible (save for Ari and Drama) but somehow it worked.

Turtle and E were insufferable characters too.

Billy Walsh was a character I really really liked.

The Joshua tree mushroom episode with Eric Roberts transcends the show itself into (in my mind) a top 50 all time TV episode. The rest of the series was entertaining but never touched that.
Sloan was underutilized imo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Can't believe your wife doesn't appreciate gratuitous T&A but believes in Aliens. smh

I love gratuitous T&A myself. And Ari Gold was one of the funniest characters on television.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sloan was underutilized imo.

As were her . She's still a knockout at 42. Aging better than most people in hollywood. Her, Salma Hayek, and Phoebe Cates are on the top of my 'wish I could marry' list. Preferably mormon-style if given the choice.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
As were her . She's still a knockout at 42. Aging better than most people in hollywood. Her, Salma Hayek, and Phoebe Cates are on the top of my 'wish I could marry' list. Preferably mormon-style if given the choice.

Wrong Sloan.

Or did I miss the joke?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I was maybe a sophomore or junior in high school when UConn beat USF in the snow on a field goal by Teggart. I thought everyone would rush the field, as USF was ranked, so i jumped onto the field and started sprinting towards the 50 where the team was gathered. Turned out that no one else got onto the field, so I was just running out there by myself. Helped to hoist up Dave Teggart as a 15 or 16 year old kid and had a blast.

Another one was I was at Gampel to watch the 2011 championship game. I'd broken my pelvis in a car accident maybe 3 weeks earlier tops. I really should not have been out at all, and I was still in high school. Anyways, some friends and I drank way too much tequila and when the team won I ended up breakdancing with my crutches at center court with a crowd around me clapping. My pelvis felt no pain that night. I continued to crutch from Gampel to Carriage to party.

Reaction Score
She's unbelievably attractive, I love your list. You can throw Jennifer Beals on there as well, Leighton Meester and Marion Cotillard on too.

Reaction Score
You certainly have a type. From three different countries too. I agree with your type... and other types too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom