Functionality changes? | The Boneyard

Functionality changes?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In the past week or so, I've noted two changes that affect how I have posted.

The first is minor: the option to Delete a posted Comment is no longer available. There are times when I post something, and then I see the Reply at the end of a thread as though I'd never hit Post. Afterward, I learn that the original Comment has posted, so now I have "double posted." I have become accustomed to accessing Delete from the drop down menu and selecting "Delete" and writing "Double post" as my reason. Why no longer available?

The second change is more troublesome.

In the past, if I wanted to post a Corona Meme, I would click on Attach File, select a saved screenshot, click FULL SIZE, and Post.

NOW, I get an entirely different screen that asks me to Browse and the Upload a file. It actually opens as a separate browser window, and makes some reference to that. I do not understand.

My option to choose FULL or Thumbnail do not seem to register, no preview is available, and I have no idea where the chosen file goes to after supposedly uploaded, or how it would get into the Corona Memes thread.

Of course, this applies to attaching a file into any other thread, but this is my most common use.

Can you explain why the change, and/or how I would post a photo into a file with this recent change?

Thanks in advance.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
In the past week or so, I've noted two changes that affect how I have posted.

The first is minor: the option to Delete a posted Comment is no longer available. There are times when I post something, and then I see the Reply at the end of a thread as though I'd never hit Post. Afterward, I learn that the original Comment has posted, so now I have "double posted." I have become accustomed to accessing Delete from the drop down menu and selecting "Delete" and writing "Double post" as my reason. Why no longer available?

The second change is more troublesome.

In the past, if I wanted to post a Corona Meme, I would click on Attach File, select a saved screenshot, click FULL SIZE, and Post.

NOW, I get an entirely different screen that asks me to Browse and the Upload a file. It actually opens as a separate browser window, and makes some reference to that. I do not understand.

My option to choose FULL or Thumbnail do not seem to register, no preview is available, and I have no idea where the chosen file goes to after supposedly uploaded, or how it would get into the Corona Memes thread.

Of course, this applies to attaching a file into any other thread, but this is my most common use.

Can you explain why the change, and/or how I would post a photo into a file with this recent change?

Thanks in advance.

The script was upgraded a couple weeks ago, but I just tested the feature and it worked fine.

Try a different browser and get back to me. Also, screen shots will help.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The script was upgraded a couple weeks ago, but I just tested the feature and it worked fine.

Try a different browser and get back to me. Also, screen shots will help.
Will do, though, the helpful screenshots are the kind of thing that used to be a breeze and is now foreign & confusing (thus easier said than done).

I've been using Firefox, fwiw. I suppose Chrome (being the default from Google) will be my next attempt.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Works fine (like it used to) in Chrome.

Here's the screen (coming up as a new browser page) that appears when I click ATTACH File from within Firefox.
Screenshot_20200714-015456.png

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I lost the "Edit" button in both Chrome and Firefox. Does this mean I have to actually proofread before I hit "post"?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can't edit or delete--but only in the Cesspool. Works fine on other boards.

Reaction Score
I use Safari and Chrome. I can Edit or Delete something that I just posted. It looks like I lose these functions after a period of time, not sure how long.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dove can't edit or delete, either.

EDIT: I can here, tho.

Reaction Score
I use Safari and Chrome. I can Edit or Delete something that I just posted. It looks like I lose these functions after a period of time, not sure how long.

Last night after posting this previous message, I went back to check on the post periodically to see how long the Edit/Delete functions stuck around. They disappeared about two hours after my initial posting.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Last night after posting this previous message, I went back to check on the post periodically to see how long the Edit/Delete functions stuck around. They disappeared about two hours after my initial posting.

Should be six hours, which is too long, but I got tired of the complaints.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should be six hours, which is too long, but I got tired of the complaints.

Ok, good to know. If that is the policy, that's the way it is. By the way I checked my post from last night around midnight, and it still had the Edit/Delete buttons, so that was in the six hour area.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom